Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do fundamentalists think about moderates?
What do fundamentalists think about moderates?
Do fundamentalists think that moderates will go to Hell?
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: What do fundamentalists think about moderates?
That's the whole point of fundamentalism. They're the only ones doing it right.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 14, 2017 at 10:43 am)vorlon13 Wrote: That's the whole point of fundamentalism.  They're the only ones doing it right.

I thought so, I just wanted to be sure.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
If being a moderate guaranteed Salvation, the fundamentalists would be moderates.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

In a related vein however:

are the fundamentalists doing it right ??

Most examples I've looked at, Westboro Baptist springs to mind, no, no they're not doing it right*. Which makes their brand of fundamentalism pretty silly.

*Letting a woman (who wears makeup, mixed fabric clothing, and on occasion was probably menstruating) address men on matters pertaining to religion is a major lapse from virtually any plausible form of Christian fundamentalism.

Depends on the fundamentalist I guess
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
said our perky young Catholic heretic . . . .

Tongue

(September 14, 2017 at 10:51 am)vorlon13 Wrote: In a related vein however:

are the fundamentalists doing it right ??

Most examples I've looked at, Westboro Baptist springs to mind, no, no they're not doing it right*.  Which makes their brand of fundamentalism pretty silly.

*Letting a woman (who wears makeup, mixed fabric clothing,  and on occasion was probably menstruating) address men on matters pertaining to religion is a major lapse from virtually any plausible form of Christian fundamentalism.
Westboro is a church to avoid prosecution and taxes. No other reason.
They're doing it right, see?

Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The ones of I know love to reference Revelation 3:16. So I'd imagine they consider moderates as neither hot nor cold, but lukewarm, and to be vomited out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can fundamentalists be funny? Fake Messiah 15 1620 August 26, 2020 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Religious fundamentalists more likely to believe fake news OakTree500 30 3774 November 10, 2018 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: no one
  Why do some moderates get so attached to other believers? Der/die AtheistIn 4 1250 December 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I don't understand moderates Der/die AtheistIn 12 2012 July 20, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  "But what about the moderates?" DeistPaladin 160 25487 December 19, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Aren't fundamentalists the 'good' guys? Dystopia 16 3317 August 4, 2014 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Religious moderates enable religious extremists worldslaziestbusker 82 32812 October 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
  Fundamentalists and Biblical Inerrantists Don't Respect the Bible MindForgedManacle 3 1762 October 20, 2013 at 12:09 am
Last Post: Polaris