Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 22, 2024, 6:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone else here not pro life for the sake of being pro life?
RE: anyone else here not pro life for the sake of being pro life?
Let's just say I'm pro choice here. I'm pretty sure I said that already, in a roundabout way. I'm pro life for myself, but I'm pro choice for others. I'm just willing to fight them on it and I'm willing to talk about the ethics of it. Every dark and dirty detail.

I'm asking for the best argument this side has to offer, and I have yet to find anything (other than the terminally ill or in severe untreatable pain) that would sway someone pro-life, which is what I was not too long ago.

I don't see anyone stopping you from killing yourself, but that said I think if you get to that point you're most likely in need of treatment not death. There are some who meet the reality of a life in utter desolate pain, sufferring, no quality of life, etc. that I agree with in their want to end their life. If there is no quality of life due to the body's inability to ensure it and external inability to provide it: I'd agree with your decision to end it. Otherwise.. If we can talk about it first lets talk about it case by case.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: anyone else here not pro life for the sake of being pro life? - by Mystical - November 14, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3258 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Did anyone else get deconverted by a single sentence? Astonished 67 9738 July 20, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 4264 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
  Anyone see gods not dead? Thegoodatheist 76 30296 March 13, 2021 at 11:07 am
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1479 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2206 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Anyone here a Category 7? Jehanne 159 15181 October 9, 2018 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Dr H
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, auuka 21 3290 October 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Pro-Life Atheists KristinNirvana 84 14339 July 25, 2018 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: LadyAmaltheaMoon
  Has anyone here deconverted because of AF? Jehanne 21 4391 July 20, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Divinity