Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone see gods not dead?
Anyone see gods not dead?
Why I sat through this shitty movie I'll never know... 

I watched this movie called god's not dead and wow I have never seen a movie so openly shitting on the idea of Atheism 

All the atheists in this movie were shitty people 

I'll spoil the movie for you, because it's not even worth the 3 dollars on Amazon

The movie is basically about an Atheist teacher who has this die hard Christian try to prove God exist. He talks to the class a few times and gives stupid and illogical reasons god is real. 

Eventually the Atheist teacher gets hit by a car (shortly after he thinks God might be real) and someone gets out of the car. The guy says all this shit while the guys dying saying "It's a gift. That car could have killed you immediately" and "Do you accept Jesus?" 

Seriously? I used to be Christian but even I wasn't this messed up. 

It scares me that there's Christians out there that actually made this movie and think this crazy crap 

At one point in the movie this muslim girls dad found her Ipod and she was apparently listening to scripture or something and starts beating her up.

You shouldn't see this movie.. it's a waste of time (they even made a second movie) 

If you haven't seen it though just google the trailer, because it's hilarious
RE: Anyone see gods not dead?
No, I just listened to the in depth "God Awful Movies" review Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I saw that piece of garbage . . . twice!

The apologetics in that film were so bad and the script so wrongheaded, I was actually embarrassed for everyone involved. Hell, the "atheist" villain turned out not to have been an atheist at all -- just a sad, disappointed believer (which I gather is what many believers think most of us secretly are).

I would have been better off masturbating with steel wool for 90 minutes.
I think we here would write better and more convincing pro-Christian anti-atheism dialogue and arguments than they did!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I haven't watched it yet, but I might sometime just for some laughs. It sounds hilarious!
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I saw a review for it. You know you messed up when your philosophy teacher wants to shut down debates on one of the biggest philisophical topics there ever was. That's not how you destroy christianity. You destroy christianity by talking about all the stuff in the bible that christians like to gloss over, and apologize for.

Then again, theists sometimes like to project themselves onto their enemies. You're far more likely to see a theist channel on youtube disable comments than an atheist.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I saw it. It was embarrassing and awful.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
The title of the movie didn't make any sense, so nope.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'd rather eat a live porcupine.
Terrible apologetics

Terrible characters

Overreliance on cheap celebrity cameo's

And it some how manages to make the group it's trying to glorify look bad

And yes unsurprisingly I hate the atheist depiction . The teacher is a car board cut out from a chick track . And the other acts in a way no non believer I have ever meet acts .

(August 7, 2017 at 6:18 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: The title of the movie didn't make any sense, so nope.

Yes considering it's essentially Nietzsche quote and misunderstanding what he was trying to say with it.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mankind is actually building "Gods" Face2face 6 2159 December 11, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists? causal code 5 2626 August 24, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
Tongue Let's see some Atheist or Anti Religion Memes Spooky 317 159166 July 10, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Are humans Gods? (article by an atheist) ChoklateWolfy 21 3878 March 2, 2017 at 10:11 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Birth of Gods Nishant 2 1151 January 3, 2017 at 5:48 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Gods immorality. Socratic Meth Head 105 19006 April 9, 2016 at 9:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Old Style Evie/Why "gods" are bullshit. Edwardo Piet 52 10481 January 14, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Gods? No way TheoneandonlytrueGod 15 4418 December 4, 2015 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  What you see when you win a religious debate... x3 IanHulett 15 5160 October 20, 2015 at 7:45 am
Last Post: robvalue
  This is so funny a must see Manowar 16 4328 September 28, 2015 at 6:42 am
Last Post: houseofcantor