Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 9:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear God, Eve what have you done?
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done?
(January 8, 2014 at 12:28 pm)Drich Wrote: What I've done is outline your behaivor here in this thread and you do not even seem to be aware of it. Chulta dreaming asked for the same sort of proof you did, I gave it to him because he defined what he was looking for. You blew past it. Then you asked what I considered to be proof, I told you, you ignored it. So as I said WHETHER it Makes sense OR NOT... You deny the primise or default in disbelief.
(or something along those lines)

I didn't ask what you considered proof, I asked what it was that convinced you of this claim you've made. To which your response was "the holy spirit," which... I mean, come on.

Maybe I haven't made my position clear enough here: if you truly were just convinced by the holy spirit that this was true, if that's the only reason you're willing to give for why you initially accepted this, then the entire structure of the argument falls apart. From the perspective of an atheist, you've just admitted that your position stems from nothing more than your own imagination. Consider this: suppose I was building a house, and my architect comes to me with the plans he's proposing we build, and I quickly discover that there is no first floor on the plans, just a second one. When I point this out to the architect, he tells me that the second floor is nice enough that he's convinced we should start building this house. Should I entertain anything else this architect has to say? And would the architect be justified in calling me unreasonable because I won't listen to how wonderful his second floor is?

Quote:Big Grin tell me you really do not believe this propaganda.. The way Ideas work is that people who have popular ideas seek funding, when they find it they then seek proof. then the magic happens. Because at that point anything can be considered proof so long as someone else does not already have a claim on it, or if that other person can be trivialized and dismissed. Just like 'global warming.'

I'm not going to indulge in dodgeball, but I will remind you we aren't discussing popular ideas, just the one you yourself have formulated. Funding has nothing to do with it: the fucking nine-eleven truthers had an idea, independent of how marketable it was. It just isn't a rational one, as per the formation of ideas.

Please stop obfuscating. It's dishonest.

Quote:The point? someone saw that they could make money if the ran around telling 'smart people' the sky was falling, once the money began to flow the 'science' followed.

Holy fucking shit, did you really just digress that much? You must not have anything relevant to say, huh?

Quote:This is how your precious idea farm works. Science follows the money.

Proof of this conspiracy to hide ideas that aren't marketable, in the fields of geology, biology and life sciences, please. If not, then you're just delaying to avoid admitting you're wrong, again.

Quote:Then why ignore the current discussion by attacking my methodology rather than addressing what can supposedly be refuted with proof?

Because one doesn't need to refute something that has no basis in itself; you have the burden of proof here, and so far you've provided nothing at all, beyond the faith that you have, and you might see why that means nothing to me. How can I refute you with proof? Why do I need to, when nobody in the mainstream scientific community agrees with you? Isn't that, coupled with the nothing you've provided in support of your claim, sufficient?

Quote:Not at all, Mr. Dreaming is a good example. In his request for proof he wanted to know where I thought Eden was. I told Him and gave him an indepth explaination as to why I thought that. Two other member have since picked up that discussion and I am dicussing facts with them.

All i am looking for is direction, and a chance to validate your request.

Except that I understand that the location of eden, even if what you gave wasn't an argument from ignorance, doesn't prove your claim. It helps it along, yes, but it doesn't show anything relevant to your claim of million-year old people breeding with separate, evolved man.

As I asked you earlier, which I think is a fair question given the claim you've made: if evolved man and ensouled man are genetically identical, how do you tell the difference between them sufficient to show that there is a difference at all? And circumstantial handwaving about where ensouled man might have physically been located isn't an answer to this.

Quote:What do you think main stream science reason was that there is not any fossils in the richest deposit of FOSSIL FUEL on the planet? The conditions are similar in alaska and in canada, and yet many fossils have been found in those regions.

I don't know what their reasoning is, though I know for a fact their position isn't that this is where the garden of eden was located. If you can demonstrate otherwise, please show the peer reviewed, mainstream scientific findings that the garden of eden is there, and not spurious arguments from ignorance.

Quote:kinda how Atheist anthem works eh? A blanket cry for proof that is "phrased in such a way as to eliminate from the outset contradictory evidence in favor of exclusively discussing only what confirms your view, separated from the larger context of everything that doesn't confirm it."

How is asking you to demonstrate your claims a position which eliminates your ability to provide evidence for your claim? Go on, this should be a laugh. Do tell.

Or else you can throw this unsupported assertion in the trash with the rest of them.

Quote:I see you don't like it when the tables are turned. Too bad, you can squeal all you like, but my request in this setting is just as valid as yours.
;P

It really isn't. Rolleyes

drich Wrote:So you're saying you are infact stupid unless I can demonstrate that you are not?

Are... are you serious? Your response... you actually just said "well, you're dumb!"

What are you, fucking seven?

Quote:You asked what convinced me. I answered the Holy Spirit, but I also said I have been lead to other sources, all you need do it tell me what you are looking for and I can help you find them.

Protip: if the holy spirit led you to other sources, those sources are going to be the thing I'm asking about. You must understand, after all this time on an atheist forum, that we don't think the holy spirit exists.

Seems like we might be getting somewhere though: what are these other sources? Skip the eden claim, that's already there, and wrong. What else?

Quote: Indeed, so if and when you are ready to tell me what more than faith you want/need i will be happy to help you find it.

Okay, fine. I didn't want to play unfairly by asking for things we both know you'll be unable to provide, mostly because I didn't want to waste my time typing things fully in the knowledge that your next post will be a simpering list of reasons why you can't provide that proof, but since you insist:

Evidence that would convince me:

A theoretical model of how one can scientifically detect the soul, coupled with an additional model of how the presence of a soul could be detected in the remains of ancient humans, so we can pinpoint the time ensouled man entered the gene pool.

An explanation of why the bible does not reflect the already religious, civil and agricultural world Adam and Eve would have stepped into.

Literally any reason at all why I should accept this as anything other than something you have made up.

Go for it, Drich. The first one would be best; after all, how can you say that man has a soul due to interbreeding with created man if you can't even detect the presence of a soul at all, hmm? Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 3, 2014 at 11:57 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by ChildOfReason - January 4, 2014 at 12:14 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 4, 2014 at 12:17 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by ChildOfReason - January 4, 2014 at 12:25 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 4, 2014 at 12:27 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by ChildOfReason - January 4, 2014 at 12:28 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 4, 2014 at 12:48 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 4, 2014 at 12:52 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 4, 2014 at 1:07 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 4, 2014 at 1:14 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 4, 2014 at 1:18 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 4, 2014 at 1:38 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 4, 2014 at 1:40 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Ksa - January 4, 2014 at 9:34 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Cinjin - January 4, 2014 at 9:59 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mystical - January 4, 2014 at 12:55 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Minimalist - January 4, 2014 at 1:05 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Brakeman - January 4, 2014 at 1:15 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 4, 2014 at 1:31 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Brakeman - January 4, 2014 at 2:06 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 4, 2014 at 2:32 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Brakeman - January 4, 2014 at 11:19 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 6, 2014 at 5:57 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 6, 2014 at 12:56 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 6, 2014 at 1:04 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 6, 2014 at 1:16 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 6, 2014 at 1:23 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 6, 2014 at 2:05 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by BrokenQuill92 - January 4, 2014 at 1:19 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mystical - January 4, 2014 at 1:23 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 4, 2014 at 1:51 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mystical - January 4, 2014 at 2:25 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 4, 2014 at 5:27 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 5, 2014 at 1:11 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 4, 2014 at 1:37 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by CapnAwesome - January 4, 2014 at 5:28 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Minimalist - January 4, 2014 at 9:43 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by NoraBrimstone - January 5, 2014 at 4:28 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mystical - January 6, 2014 at 5:52 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Jacob(smooth) - January 6, 2014 at 1:08 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mystical - January 7, 2014 at 4:59 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Ryantology - January 6, 2014 at 1:05 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 6, 2014 at 1:46 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Ryantology - January 7, 2014 at 5:56 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 7, 2014 at 2:00 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 7, 2014 at 11:54 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 6, 2014 at 5:06 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 7, 2014 at 12:35 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 6, 2014 at 6:35 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 7, 2014 at 10:50 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 7, 2014 at 11:07 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Ksa - January 6, 2014 at 8:54 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 7, 2014 at 6:31 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 8, 2014 at 12:26 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 8, 2014 at 4:17 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 8, 2014 at 12:28 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 8, 2014 at 1:14 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 8, 2014 at 2:43 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 9, 2014 at 12:09 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 9, 2014 at 10:34 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 9, 2014 at 11:06 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mystical - January 9, 2014 at 2:25 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mystical - January 7, 2014 at 7:41 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 7, 2014 at 8:58 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mystical - January 7, 2014 at 9:27 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mystical - January 8, 2014 at 3:21 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 8, 2014 at 11:07 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Crossless1 - January 8, 2014 at 11:59 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 8, 2014 at 12:49 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 8, 2014 at 6:17 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 8, 2014 at 12:45 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 8, 2014 at 12:58 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 8, 2014 at 12:55 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 8, 2014 at 1:10 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 8, 2014 at 1:07 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 8, 2014 at 1:17 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Jacob(smooth) - January 8, 2014 at 1:40 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Belac Enrobso - January 8, 2014 at 2:06 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mudhammam - January 8, 2014 at 8:00 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mystical - January 9, 2014 at 11:20 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 9, 2014 at 2:57 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 9, 2014 at 11:45 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 10, 2014 at 1:35 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 10, 2014 at 1:55 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 10, 2014 at 2:11 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Esquilax - January 10, 2014 at 2:18 am
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mystical - January 9, 2014 at 5:26 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Drich - January 9, 2014 at 10:01 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by KichigaiNeko - January 9, 2014 at 10:11 pm
RE: Dear God, Eve what have you done? - by Mystical - January 9, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1108 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Adam & Eve T.J. 4 1113 November 6, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Adam & Eve Myth - Origins Gwaithmir 125 14623 July 13, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Is WLC done debating? Jehanne 8 1716 September 4, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Dear Xristards Don't Pick On Muslims Minimalist 20 2642 July 24, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Why would this be so hard to have done? Astonished 25 8572 July 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Dear Atheists ParagonLost 111 16195 December 1, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: GOĐ
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 37196 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones Rhondazvous 16 3327 May 17, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Dear god dyresand 14 1819 May 3, 2016 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: dyresand