Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 4:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The modal ontological argument - without modal logic proves atheism
#15
RE: The modal ontological argument - without modal logic proves atheism
Well I have to admit I did have slightly loftier aims for this argument than a simple piss take.

The ontological argument has always been a piece of crap but I though this version rather better than any of the others I had seen.

What I wanted to show is that, if you were to take the original argument seriously (yeah - OK- big if) the argument doesn't stop there - even when you have proved your God.

The issue I wanted to highlight is that once the argument is in place it still applies even after you got to God and that in its continuing application it will, ultimately, always disprove your God - retaining logical consistency throughout.

In a way its my attempt to kill this god dammed argument once and for all.

I guess it didn't get there and stopped at parody.

Ah well...
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: The modal ontological argument - without modal logic proves atheism - by max-greece - February 14, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Argument Against Determinism Disagreeable 32 6237 March 13, 2026 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  The Kalam Cosmological Argument Disagreeable 123 32794 December 15, 2024 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The classic ontological argument Modern Atheism 20 5358 October 3, 2024 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The modal ontological argument for God Disagreeable 29 7998 August 10, 2024 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: MetisX
  The argument from degree LinuxGal 9 2858 January 1, 2023 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Belief without Verification or Certainty vulcanlogician 40 11742 May 11, 2022 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 5698 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The evolution of logic ignoramus 3 1893 October 7, 2019 at 7:34 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] An Argument Against Hedonistic Moral Realism SenseMaker007 25 8052 June 19, 2019 at 7:21 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] An Argument For Ethical Egoism SenseMaker007 29 8994 June 19, 2019 at 6:30 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)