Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 9:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"They'll just raise prices if thy raise the minimum wage."
RE: "They'll just raise prices if thy raise the minimum wage."
Here in Maryland minimum wage was increased to $10.10

and it's still not enough to live off of.

(April 14, 2014 at 9:43 am)Heywood Wrote:
(April 13, 2014 at 11:56 pm)Cato Wrote: Arguing over minimum wage is a distraction. I consider myself libertarian and would support a universal basic income. I abhor the fact that people are forced into low skill undesirable jobs simply because the alternative is destitution.

I am a libertarian and support a negative income tax(which method of providing a basic universal income).

Ditch food stamps, ditch unemployment, ditch social security, ditch housing assistance, ditch heating assistance, ditch Obama phones.....ditch all of it and the bureaucracy that goes with it. Give poor people money instead.

Liberaltards and conservotards like to run peoples lives and think poor people are second class citizens whose finances need to be managed by the government. Let people be free for God's sake.

I can see that you mean well with your idea but it would never work.

I think its best to put the money into programs to limit the way the money is spent.

There are a TON of responsible people on welfare who have no problem with using money only for food. However, there are a plethora of irresponsible people on welfare too and with out these government guided programs may not use money for food or clothes for their children but for themselves and their vices. It's not a matter of government telling people what to do, it a matter of making sure the money is being used for living.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "They'll just raise prices if thy raise the minimum wage." - by No_God - April 14, 2014 at 9:56 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UBI & Citizens Wage FrustratedFool 8 1019 September 14, 2023 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Raising the minimum wage won't help Foxaèr 156 9031 June 16, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why $15 an hour minimum wage SUCKS onlinebiker 94 4995 December 21, 2020 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 1016 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  US - raise the gas tax onlinebiker 55 3776 November 30, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1096 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Will Muslims love Trump? They are whiny little bitches just like him. Greatest I am 1 943 September 7, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Can Republicans finally just admit that they hate black people NuclearEnergy 7 2025 July 10, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  So will Trump and his supporters understand that they won't always get what they want NuclearEnergy 0 972 April 29, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  So I see that Mnuchin is going to raise the tax rate to 15% Pat Mustard 5 1566 April 27, 2017 at 12:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist