Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UBI & Citizens Wage
UBI & Citizens Wage
What are peoples takes on UBI?
RE: UBI & Citizens Wage
I've heard that cranberry juice along with antibiotics is a good option.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 14, 2023 at 3:10 am)FrustratedFool Wrote: What are peoples takes on UBI?

The part where rich people get as much as poor people is a little offputting to me. I suppose they could pay it all back in taxes, but it seems simpler to me to just give it to people who are below some income level. 250 billion dollars doesn't go as far as it used to; it's about enough for 25 million people to get $10,000 a year. Dived it by 330 million and it's less than a thousand a year.

I agree with a minimum income to provide a floor to help people stay homed and out of poverty, it's the universal part I have trouble with.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
As opposed to the ‘trickle down’ nonsense, I’ve long been a supporter of Piñata Economics. That’s where poor people get to hit the uber rich with sticks until the money drops out.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 14, 2023 at 1:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: As opposed to the ‘trickle down’ nonsense, I’ve long been a supporter of Piñata Economics. That’s where poor people get to hit the uber rich with sticks until the money drops out.

Boru

Dibs on Musk!
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
UBI is a great idea, should've been implemented a long time ago, can't believe they're just now getting around to it.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(September 14, 2023 at 1:57 pm)Ravenshire Wrote:
(September 14, 2023 at 1:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: As opposed to the ‘trickle down’ nonsense, I’ve long been a supporter of Piñata Economics. That’s where poor people get to hit the uber rich with sticks until the money drops out.

Boru

Dibs on Musk!

You can have the money.

But I get to do the hitting.
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 14, 2023 at 5:31 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(September 14, 2023 at 1:57 pm)Ravenshire Wrote: Dibs on Musk!

You can have the money.

The REAL money is in selling tickets to watch Elon get a jolly good thumping. TicketMaster would jump at this shit in half a minute.

Boru
(September 14, 2023 at 5:31 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(September 14, 2023 at 1:57 pm)Ravenshire Wrote: Dibs on Musk!

You can have the money.

I called it, but you can have next.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UBI support Poll neil 58 2681 April 1, 2024 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Raising the minimum wage won't help Foxaèr 156 7858 June 16, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why $15 an hour minimum wage SUCKS onlinebiker 94 4463 December 21, 2020 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  'Sovereign Citizens.' Seriously? BrianSoddingBoru4 29 1829 August 21, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Arrested Citizens Being Tortured In Saudi Arabia WinterHold 0 348 February 21, 2019 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Campaign ad: senior citizens mock millennials Foxaèr 18 1956 October 11, 2018 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  About minimum wage Losty 95 12235 October 11, 2016 at 6:23 am
Last Post: johan
  Should North America get tougher on its citizens like Singapore? 1994Californication 7 1311 March 11, 2016 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Lets Talk About Citizens United Heywood 30 5453 November 7, 2014 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  The alternative to the living wage. Heywood 46 10123 May 20, 2014 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Heywood