Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 5:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is There A Real You?
#13
RE: Is There A Real You?
Rayaan,

Sadly there is now strong evidence, really strong, against the whole idea of souls, afterlife and such like. I posted this a couple of days ago:

http://atheistforums.org/thread-25977.html

As for the idea of self in some ways I am the same guy I was when I was 25 but in many ways I am not. I read some of the things I wrote then and have no memory of writing them. I am often surprised by the things I said. Even for things I do recall I regularly find myself thinking about them as if it happened to a third party. Emotional events tend to be more about "me" than intellectual or physical ones. I have no idea if others experience things this way or not.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Is There A Real You? - by Rayaan - May 8, 2014 at 10:53 pm
RE: Is There A Real You? - by Whateverist - May 8, 2014 at 11:36 pm
RE: Is There A Real You? - by Confused Ape - May 9, 2014 at 8:33 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by Rayaan - May 10, 2014 at 12:46 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by paulpablo - May 10, 2014 at 1:24 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by pocaracas - May 10, 2014 at 2:27 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by KUSA - May 9, 2014 at 8:52 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by Whateverist - May 9, 2014 at 8:39 pm
RE: Is There A Real You? - by pocaracas - May 9, 2014 at 9:57 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by Marsellus Wallace - May 9, 2014 at 11:39 pm
RE: Is There A Real You? - by Cato - May 9, 2014 at 10:15 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by Angrboda - May 9, 2014 at 8:25 pm
RE: Is There A Real You? - by bennyboy - May 9, 2014 at 11:27 pm
RE: Is There A Real You? - by max-greece - May 10, 2014 at 1:34 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by paulpablo - May 10, 2014 at 3:14 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by Confused Ape - May 10, 2014 at 8:24 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by paulpablo - May 10, 2014 at 2:53 pm
RE: Is There A Real You? - by Confused Ape - May 10, 2014 at 4:38 pm
RE: Is There A Real You? - by Rayaan - May 10, 2014 at 2:47 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by paulpablo - May 10, 2014 at 3:17 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by max-greece - May 10, 2014 at 3:55 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by KichigaiNeko - May 10, 2014 at 3:16 am
RE: Is There A Real You? - by Chas - May 10, 2014 at 8:02 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Is the Past Real? Neo-Scholastic 202 61810 January 10, 2023 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Existence as a real predicate TheMuslim 20 7927 September 2, 2016 at 10:21 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you think the universe is real? Excited Penguin 40 11640 December 15, 2015 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Sappho
  Is free will real? The_greatest_river 195 54038 January 6, 2015 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  A crazy thought: Could causality not be real? Freedom of thought 13 7386 May 14, 2014 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Illogical things can be real, like God, I have an idea orlox 30 12680 February 4, 2014 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  "How do you actually know you're real?" Creed of Heresy 42 17688 February 1, 2013 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Captain Scarlet
  Does belief in God make him real? DrDolittle 22 10535 October 18, 2011 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Wandiowns223
  What is evil and is it real? tackattack 32 21542 March 18, 2010 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: tackattack



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)