Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2026, 8:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Anyone suffering from things they learned in the church?
#40
RE: Anyone suffering from things they learned in the church?
I am happier now than I ever was when I identified as a Christian or atheist. As a Christian, I was a smug asshat. As an atheist, I was constantly angst-ridden. As an animist, I embrace all life and all beauty - I literally see less ugly in the world from this perspective.

In general, I don't think it's accurate to state that atheists are 'angry' or that theists are 'happier' than atheists or other groups. It's probably more accurate to state that a particular worldview may bolster an already formed character trait, and that once an asshat, or angst-ridden - always as such... unless one's perspective shifts it's unlikely that a 'belief' will change one's character.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone suffering from things they learned in the church? - by ShaMan - June 12, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Five Things She Doesn't Like About Atheists AFTT47 33 4973 April 1, 2026 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 59 20803 June 12, 2024 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 6905 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 10017 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My 2004 Ford C-max can do amazing things I_am_not_mafia 21 6993 March 16, 2018 at 4:28 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 9005 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 9734 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  how to hold on to atheism when things keep getting worse? Rextos 26 8092 June 6, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Adam Blackstar
  Why do bad things happen? Because they do. Jackie 14 6860 April 8, 2016 at 8:29 am
Last Post: BenMighty
  Some things being above reason Dolorian 42 14302 November 18, 2014 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Piscinin



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)