Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are nothing for suffering (my story)
We are nothing for suffering (my story)

RE: We are nothing for suffering (my story)
Holy shit that was an opus. Welcome aboard, btw. As a minor point of resistance - perhaps the unnafflicted have simply been the recipients of a more fortunate life, rather than being "superior people"?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
[Image: th?id=HN.608012780648075196&pid=15.1&P=0]

But welcome.
Tl;dr

Welcome nonetheless.
I've been there, done that, and i must say, you are building alot of misconceptions which are not necessarily truth. Eventually everyone in some point in life will have depressive states, even if it is from close family deaths' or even out of boredom of having done everything they wanted, the happy ones aren't necessarily the ones who never faced depression, but the ones who handle to live an healthy social/emotional life.
Depression is not the end, it's recoverable, it might be hard, but it's possible.

As someone who recovered from severe depression and some other disorders (thus the nickname), i must say that it's really hard and requires alot of pain, but the number one advice would be, hold on, pain ends. Anhedonia and some other psycho-social responses, might take slightly longer (as i myself haven't totally overcome yet), but major depression is recoverable out of the ability to debunk and confront your own psychological/social issues, and mainly in my opinion, of also being healthy.
The big battle took me close to 2 years of my life entirelly dedicated for that, fortunatelly i have a mother and few friends that supported me through the pain.
I'm really unsure how i can advice you on recovery, because it's a complex way, but ultimatelly and in sum, some things that i found massively important were the following:

Fitness -
Healthy body <=> healthy mind. It's a common saying but it has a lot of truth into it. It's also a double profit for depression, because you can direct all your "anger" for yourself and your life into it and also become healthier
Ultimatelly, happiness is serotonin, dopamin and few other chemicals, that are produced regulated by psychological and physical mechanisms.
One thing that is very obvious from people suffering depression is also a huge decrease of hormone production/segregation/sensibility, which are trully very important to your psychological health, so i would say that engaging in all kind of activities that trully "boost" your hormones will generate well-being and reduce many symptoms you might feel, even psychological ones, and i'm trully serious about this.

I was always depressed as a teenager, in a way that only got worse with time and i went from a really successful kid into a couch potato weighting close to 150 kg 2 years ago.
At that point, i barely left home and prefered to live in the internet mainly playing wow as a way to avoid my problems, to the point i eventually got back problems, and got 2 hernias which inflicted severe back pain and i literally thought my life was coming to an end out of my inactivity, by being handicapped for life (hernias like mine are basically incurable).

Pain and such after that, i was basically made an ultimatum from my orthopedist and cardiologists that i would either do something about my weight or things would be drastic soon, and i actually trully kind of felt it too.
In the middle of the anger of everything i was going through, i found forces to spend my anger into walking ( i can't run) and became obsessed with it. For like 6 months, every single day, i would walk at least 10 km, at good pace, and also engaged on a diet i did personally and i basically lost 50 kg through those 6 months until i was massivelly fit compared to what i ever was (even when i used to play basket).

This was obviously an exagerated regime which i later payed the consequences psychologically, i did became fit and healthy and i felt fantastic, but the bounce back in hormones was so wild i basically went "wild" over feeling too much testosterone that i couldn't handle, and felt like a teenager not resisting the temptation to compulsivelly and activelly search for some girls, which i eventually found out that i still couldn't because i was still depressed, and well, major depression is obviously such a turn off, and that's when i started to realise myself how i trully was depressed psychologically and starting to "build" a psychological way out of my depressed state, but i must say, this was just possible because i was now trully healthy and being healthy trully changes the way you see things and you approach them. For example, i can say that i was so full of self, body, social and emotional complexs, and most of them just faded away when i felt trully healthy, trully, all of them gone. After i realized that, things started to feel not so desperate, and calmly and gradually i debunked all my existential problems, and started finding strenght to feel a new life in my hands.

I'm trully of the opinion, and in fact, from experience, that major depression is majorly supported by having an unheathy body, low level of hormones, or low/imbalanced nutrition, sleep deprivation, or simply physical psycho-somatization of depression, which it's symptoms are greatly improved with a simple healthy lifestyle. Sports, hanging out with friends, drinking, relaxing, eating healthy and others (like fapping alot :X XD) trully contribute to alot of improvements.

What i can say is that depression doesn't trully has a psychological answer, it's a struggle with highs and lows, and you'll have to build your own and make peace with your being and create new motives that you feel will be worth and be resilliently working to improve your life.

Forget everything you think you know about "robots" and all these divisionist nonsensical concepts, they trully are just misconstructions that you can prove yourself wrong.
Dude.....didn't read.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Does Mozart Link now have a sock?
Holy shit!
When I read this....
(September 21, 2014 at 6:30 pm)MattMVS7 Wrote: I am now going to explain everything about why suffering is basically for nothing, why pleasure is the greatest thing in life and that people who don't have it are inferior biological robots

I pretty much thought this....
(September 21, 2014 at 8:42 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Does Mozart Link now have a sock?

A little advise: "And he believed, being a Scott, that the art of writing lay in thrift."

Welcome
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2099 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Everything & Nothing possibletarian 0 694 January 13, 2020 at 5:42 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Life is nothing Mikeykitty123 78 12153 January 18, 2018 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 5190 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why there is something rather than nothing... Jehanne 43 7772 August 28, 2016 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  WHY I LEFT ISLAM - An Apostate's Story bussta33 2 1264 April 18, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Reflections on Nothing. Jehanne 23 3312 February 18, 2016 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  My Conversion Story Secular Atheist 23 3920 October 18, 2015 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Going Back & Finding Nothing There WastedLife 30 8553 March 19, 2015 at 5:49 am
Last Post: abaris
  My short story robvalue 8 1850 December 9, 2014 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus