Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 12:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Anyone suffering from things they learned in the church?
#46
RE: Anyone suffering from things they learned in the church?
(June 12, 2014 at 3:38 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: I'm still suffering in the sense that, I know an organisation as heartless and corrupt as the Catholic Church exists. And people sincerely believe they are a force for good and are actively supporting them.

They've been abusing and neglecting children for thousands of years before I was born.

And they'll be abusing and neglecting children for thousands of years after I die.

Its a burden that only brain damage and/or death will lift. Undecided

I don't have any problems. I decided at age 7 that there was something seriously wrong with the crap the Catholic Church were teaching. I was physically abused by nuns, a leather strap across the hands for a minor misdemeanour followed by another belting for bad handwriting after being hit the first time. The nuns told not to play with protestants, as they were all going to go hell when they died. Strange my best friend Derek was a protestant and he was a good guy. We failed to go to Sunday school one day, we were found playing nearby and dragged into to church and ridiculed for having dirty hands on a Sunday and more violence followed. My mother conceived twins at a time she should not have, due to Church ban on contraception she lost them through miscarriage, it broke her heart. I have since those days had nothing to do with religion and came to the conclusion very early in life there is no god. As I am now old I can only say my non belief in a supernatural being is stronger than ever.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone suffering from things they learned in the church? - by Oldm8 - August 5, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Five Things She Doesn't Like About Atheists AFTT47 33 4974 April 1, 2026 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 59 20807 June 12, 2024 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 6911 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 10019 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My 2004 Ford C-max can do amazing things I_am_not_mafia 21 6993 March 16, 2018 at 4:28 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 9008 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 9735 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  how to hold on to atheism when things keep getting worse? Rextos 26 8094 June 6, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Adam Blackstar
  Why do bad things happen? Because they do. Jackie 14 6861 April 8, 2016 at 8:29 am
Last Post: BenMighty
  Some things being above reason Dolorian 42 14303 November 18, 2014 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Piscinin



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)