Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 12:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam
Quote:There is no justification for the way some Islamic cultures treat women. That is not a misconception. Not all Islamic cultures are guilty of the worst of it, so to think so would be a misconception. I think this issue is moot now. mo3 has shown (in his way) that his religion doesn't necessarily condone some of the barbaric practices we hear about, but he cannot change the truth, which is that these things do happen.

I request a change of topic, mo3. Personally, I'd like to hear a Muslim's take on suicide bombings, terrorism in general, and the 'kill all infidels' mentality of Jihadis.
thnx paul for being objective there is only one thing i want to add that what you see as liberalization is how muslims lived 1400 years ago when they was all united and have the right understandings(there was no extremists back then) and am also againest the barbaric practices done in some countries as most of muslims
i am preparing now a thread about jihad vs terrorism and i will also keep this thread opened for any questions
Quote:jotted down and collected by many after him
do some searches in that as its not true. the Quran was written as a whole in the life of muhammed(pbuh) by different companions what happened later is making more copies from the original(just after 2 years more copies madefrom the original. the original was written in his life)
its not like what happened with the bible thats why you never hear about Quran different versions am sorry that i cant get u evidance and links now(as am preparing for the next misconception) but maybe i will get to this laterSmile
Quote:IMHO
what does that mean?
@scented nectar
i cant answer like that you put about 3 or 4 wrong claims in each post some of them i dont even know what you mean by it you need to read more about Islam you cant get credible information from things like youtube you will just get mixed information
i will reply on the rights of woman when getting divorced as i didnt mention it
1-he cant throw her in the street even if he divorced her she have the right to stay in the home for 4 months as i mentioned in previous post
2-he have to spend on her as long as she is not married again(the court decide the amount of money paid every month if he didnt pay he goes to jail)
3-as she can write anything she wants in the contract of marriage most of the women getting married write an amount of money in case of divorce(i wrote about 30000 dollars)
4-about women dont have her own property or financial security plz read my first post
at the end of that U CAN WRITE WHATEVER U WANT IN THE MARRIAGE CONTRACT

Messages In This Thread
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by bozo - May 29, 2010 at 6:39 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by ARMS - May 31, 2010 at 7:42 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by mo3taz3nbar - May 31, 2010 at 3:59 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by ARMS - June 2, 2010 at 5:29 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by ARMS - June 3, 2010 at 7:05 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Violet - June 12, 2010 at 12:53 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Dotard - June 14, 2010 at 11:23 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Dotard - June 17, 2010 at 12:46 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by annatar - June 22, 2010 at 12:40 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by annatar - June 23, 2010 at 10:07 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Dotard - June 23, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6648 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  The most stupid misconceptions about Islam R00tKiT 123 16353 October 22, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 8707 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4937 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] Removing misconceptions of my path. Mystic 24 7503 January 8, 2020 at 6:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8008 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 40330 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am
  Refuting the book "Islamic government" (series of lectures of Khomeini) Mystic 17 3189 October 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How to not attribute evil by misconceptions to the Quran. Mystic 7 2181 April 2, 2018 at 10:13 am
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 7126 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic