Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 9:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The future's 10 Mind-blowing technologies about to emerge"
RE: "The future's 10 Mind-blowing technologies about to emerge"
(August 29, 2014 at 2:45 pm)Drich Wrote: The question at the end of the video was something to the effect of 'who will be allowed to partake in this age reversing process with the ever growing threat of over population?'

It's a fixable problem. Overpopulation should not stop us from living longer and happier lives. Plus, if we start to get overpopulated we need to start thinking about not having as many kids and terraforming the moon for example.

(August 29, 2014 at 2:45 pm)Drich Wrote: The earth is finite. Meaning there is an upper limit to how many people can live here and their be enough food water and space.

So, we just ignore new technologies because we may run into roadblocks...No. That's small minded, we need to fix our problems, and I'm pretty confident once the old generations die off we can start to make some real progress instead of regressing.

(August 29, 2014 at 2:45 pm)Drich Wrote: The question asks as we approach these upper limits, why would we eliminate our only viable means of population control?

So you advocate short lives and death over solving the problem of overpopulation? you really are small minded. Especially since that's not the only "viable" solution for population growth.

(August 29, 2014 at 2:45 pm)Drich Wrote: Meaning if people are still being born but are not dying because appearently at some point they will have little fountain of youth shots being sold at the corner store and everyone can get some... we will over populate and people will die due to over population.

Seems like theists have a problem with living forever, it's the only way you can actually live forever, because there's no fucking afterlife. I just find it contradictory and ironic that people like you believe in religion for the reward of an eternity. But when we find an actual solution to death, people like you shut it down in favor of antiquated notions of the human condition. I mean, you'd be the guy back in the day protesting cars because it would put horse and buggy's out of business. It's time to move forward, not backwards. All you're doing is focusing on one problem instead of coming up with a better solution other than, we just need to die. No, we fucking don't.

(August 29, 2014 at 2:45 pm)Drich Wrote: The reality is. The rich and famous along with minds we hold as the key to the future will be given extended lives. Guys who work at Mcdonalds will have to face judgement like everyone else.

I guess you missed that part about technologies becomming more availabe the cheaper the materials and the beter the technology becomes. I mean the guy at McDonalds can afford a smart phone now, where as they couldn't years ago. You're right that rich people would have the first go at it, but poor people will get their hands on this stuff as well.

(August 29, 2014 at 2:45 pm)Drich Wrote: Again, your future prospects are not for everyone. Someone has to build this stuff in mass quanity to make it affordable for consumers. That means they have to be paid far less than what is considered to be affordable.

They're not my future prospects, they're everybody's. And I bet you, you will be using them as well, guaranteed, including living as long as you possibly can. When they say living forever, that doesn't necessarily mean you will live until the end of the universe. I'm sorry but, your objections to future technology makes you sound like an old man.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The future's 10 Mind-blowing technologies about to emerge" - by MJ the Skeptical - August 29, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future Headlines Foxaèr 41 2573 November 14, 2022 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Upon reading this title, what first comes to mind? Foxaèr 8 383 November 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Future Buzzwords onlinebiker 3 599 January 14, 2020 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Inquiring mind seeks guidance from the governing powers. no one 17 1037 December 17, 2019 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The future of poo Foxaèr 26 1893 March 9, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  I have seen the future. Gawdzilla Sama 3 901 January 27, 2018 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My Future/Pressure ScienceAf 19 2229 January 12, 2018 at 4:47 am
Last Post: ScienceAf
  2 pieces of advice for future parents ErGingerbreadMandude 68 13360 November 17, 2017 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Cod
  Antique furniture appraiser blowing smoke. Brian37 41 12225 September 26, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  The Future of Humanity Puke Skywalker 18 3142 July 6, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa