Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 4:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam
(June 15, 2010 at 2:49 am)mo3taz3nbar Wrote: ok you see you think that there is opression in egypt for example because of the media i live in egypt and there is no opression at all(except for upper egypt which is very little part) i see that the problem is that some of you guys cant diffirintiate between culture and religion and all you see is the cultures that opress women and think that is related with islam i think you have to see some muslims from your culture
Muslims in secular countries live with more freedom. Egypt has much less freedom than here in Canada. No one is stopping believers in secular countries from practicing their religion in whatever way they want to, as long as they don't cause harm or break laws. That means they are a bit less likely to kill their daughters and things like that. The muslim countries all have less freedoms. The cultures there are very strongly influenced by islam. Many of the laws come from the koran. In secular countries, the nonbelievers, like me, will often fight for your rights to believe what you want. The reverse does not happen in religious countries.

Quote:lol you didnt mention one thing that you see is supposed to be given to women you are claiming things in general which are not true i was hoping for some specifications.
You already have had many specifics given to you. Perhaps rereading this thread will remind you of them.

Quote:i just know that many women convert into islam because of the rules regarding woman so i was just trying to be sure that we dont have any misunderstanding
That's weird. Why do they convert because of the women rules? The only good reason for a person to make the free choice to join a religion should be because they really do believe in that particular god. What you are describing does not sound true. Especially since the women rules are all quite stifling and oppressive. The rules can't be tempting them over to your religion. They are accepting the rules because of the religion, not the other way around.

Quote:
Quote:You believe all that stuff about heaven and hell just because a book written by humans says that it is true. And how do the writers know it's true? Some guy named Mohammed had a schizophrenic god hallucination centuries ago, back when they thought things like that were magic, and everyone believed him.
its more complicated than that if you say that this book is written by a man i believe it will contain a lot of errors and contradictions.you cant just say that you have to get strong prove that a book is written by a man which i think would be easily to find the mistakes of someone lived from 1400 years(there is hundreds of proves that this book is from God i mentioned some of them before) you have to reason and use logic and examine each religion book by yourself
We already know by logic that humans are the ones who write all the books on the planet. That does not need to be proven any further. It's the default. You are making the claim that a magic, powerful invisible creator being is the one that wrote or inspired the book. It is you that must provide proof of that, because it is you who is making that wild claim. Finding no errors in a book does not prove it. Also, people will disagree about there being no errors, like how it does not say anything against slavery for instance. Also, other wording that is so vague, even in the original Arabic, that many muslim sects interpret things differently from each other. Anyways, if I find no errors in a book by William Shakespeare, does that mean it was inspired by a magic being? Of course not. It simply means that I personally see the book as written with no errors. It happens sometimes. Writers do NOT always add an error on purpose for fear of offending god.

Quote:i agree with all of what you saying and this is happening and will continue to happen because this is human but all i want to correct is that this doesnt mean there is no religion that make you know why people change in religion and make up gods and start follow humans like them and in sometimes even worshiping idols. i see that what is happening this days is that models of god is being removed as the science increase and people start to see how big and complicated the universe is
God never was in science to begin with. Science only examines real things, things that can be measured and studied. If god wants to be in science, he better make himself perceivable. Do you want to know why science is always mentioned around religion? Science was minding its own business and discovered some things. The earth is not the center of the universe. Fine right? Uh oh, the religions didn't think it was fine. Their holy books had different information that was wrong, so when science showed what the truth was, through verifiable testing and evidence, religion went berserk, killing scientists and stuff like that. Then lots and lots of information showing evolution and the long age of the earth turned up. Religion freaked out again, and they are still freaking out. Their false info keeps getting proven wrong and they don't like that.
(June 15, 2010 at 6:48 am)mo3taz3nbar Wrote: why do you think god sent jesus(pbuh) to the jews when they had the torah?and why god sent muhammed(pbuh) when there was the torah and the injeel?
Because he is a loser who fucks up everything he tries to do. He wants everything to be good, right? So, he makes the world and people and stuff, and he says 'good', 'good', and then 'very good'. But no, he has fucked up so badly that he has to flood the planet and start over. So does he do it right this time? No. He can't even kill off his own enemy, satan, which he stupidly created. And his new humans after the flood are not good either. So, after a long long wait, he sends some jesus guy to fix things, totally forgetting that a god should not have to do that to fix things - he should be able to just think something and it will be so. Well, jesus didn't work either, god fucked up again. So, after waiting another long time trying to figure out what to do, he sends some guy named mohammed down to fix things. Does that work? Let's see. Nope. The abrahamic god sure is a loser. Smile If he was writing on this forum, I would probably be kind of mean and make fun of him to show him that his ways are laughable, not effective.
I'm really shitty at giving kudos and rep. That's because I would be inconsistent in remembering to do them, and also I don't really want it to show if any favouritism is happening. Even worse would be inconsistencies causing false favouritisms to show. So, fuck it. Just assume that I've given you some good rep and a number of kudos, and everyone should be happy...

Messages In This Thread
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by bozo - May 29, 2010 at 6:39 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by ARMS - May 31, 2010 at 7:42 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by ARMS - June 2, 2010 at 5:29 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by ARMS - June 3, 2010 at 7:05 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Violet - June 12, 2010 at 12:53 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Dotard - June 14, 2010 at 11:23 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Scented Nectar - June 15, 2010 at 7:05 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Dotard - June 17, 2010 at 12:46 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by annatar - June 22, 2010 at 12:40 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by annatar - June 23, 2010 at 10:07 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Dotard - June 23, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6738 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  The most stupid misconceptions about Islam R00tKiT 123 16441 October 22, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 8745 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4986 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] Removing misconceptions of my path. Mystic 24 7552 January 8, 2020 at 6:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8039 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 40581 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am
  Refuting the book "Islamic government" (series of lectures of Khomeini) Mystic 17 3205 October 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How to not attribute evil by misconceptions to the Quran. Mystic 7 2186 April 2, 2018 at 10:13 am
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 7159 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic