Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2026, 9:06 am

Poll: What do you think?
This poll is closed.
You're not crazy, a bit psychotic maybe but not not really all that crazyish. Sometimes. Usually.
22.58%
7 22.58%
You're crazy. Very fucking crazy, but we love you anyways.
22.58%
7 22.58%
Your time system is amazing and I wish we had it instead!
6.45%
2 6.45%
Your time system is stupid and would never work.
12.90%
4 12.90%
Can I have a slice of your ham sandwich?
35.48%
11 35.48%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sometimes my brain just can't see things the way other people do.
#9
RE: Sometimes my brain just can't see things the way other people do.
(October 25, 2014 at 2:55 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Bah, conventions... just use them and you can get along with everyone.
Make up your own and no one will understand you.
Since communication is meant for people to get along, you might just as well use the convention.

I use the 12 hour time system currently. Military time confuses me but I can usually get it.
I'm not like on a mission to change the way things work. I was just trying to point out that, in my mind, they work differently. Differently enough that the whole military time system really bothers me if I think about it too much.

(October 25, 2014 at 2:59 pm)Chas Wrote: So, when your car isn't moving should the speedometer read 1 MPH? Thinking

Hmm good question. I see a speedometer as measuring speed not location. Also, time never stops moving. I see a clock as measuring location. When I think about what time it is, I'm thinking about where I am in time right now.

When you're about to go on a trip but you haven't started driving yet, should your GPS tell you that your current location is nowhere?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes my brain just can't see things the way other people do. - by Losty - October 25, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  See what will happen in the future in your dreams timharvey 27 6257 June 29, 2024 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Sometimes you should just shut up. awty 12 3356 April 10, 2024 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 4518 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Do people just naturally want conflict Ahriman 113 26017 September 26, 2023 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: awty
  Are things stuff? no one 8 2375 September 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Things You Miss Kitan Etos 15 3879 September 16, 2022 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 14740 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  See Uranus and moon in binoculars, March 6, 2022 Jehanne 3 1344 February 28, 2022 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 5211 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  One of these things is not like the other ones Angrboda 1 1177 December 6, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)