Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right way to be and the wrong way to be
The right way to be and the wrong way to be
Do you have an ideal set of behaviors/inclinations that you strive to perform/live up to? And what are some behaviors/inclinations that annoy you and indicate that the offending person is an inferior sort of person?

The "right" behaviors/inclinations, I think, would be having good taste in music, eating food very quickly (I have better things to do than stuff food down my throat), knowing how to play an instrument (or multiple instruments), not taking shit from anyone (if it can be helped), cultivating a healthy sense of detachment from the things you love (you can be somewhat attached, just not to the point of being overly sentimental about things), knowing when to give up, being a satisfactory sexual partner, condemning people who make loud noises, being comfortable with your natural unwashed self, etc.

Examples of "wrong" behaviors/inclinations, would be listening to shitty music, eating food too slowly (if eating with someone else/other people, you're making the other person/people suffer), being a pushover when it comes to standing up for yourself, being overly attached to the things you love (I consider this a form of sickness), being bad in bed, making lots of unnecessary noise, always needing to be clean/scrubbed up (because God forbid your *cough* stupid *cough* peers reject you), etc.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
RE: The right way to be and the wrong way to be
Popcorn
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The wrong way to be is Ahriman. The right way to be is not-Ahriman.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The right way to be is to treat people as well as you can. A persons taste in music is very subjective and changes over time, do you not think that good food should be enjoyed rather than being stuffed down your throat at high speed?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(April 26, 2022 at 4:21 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Do you have an ideal set of behaviors/inclinations that you strive to perform/live up to? And what are some behaviors/inclinations that annoy you and indicate that the offending person is an inferior sort of person?

The "right" behaviors/inclinations, I think, would be having good taste in music, eating food very quickly (I have better things to do than stuff food down my throat), knowing how to play an instrument (or multiple instruments), not taking shit from anyone (if it can be helped), cultivating a healthy sense of detachment from the things you love (you can be somewhat attached, just not to the point of being overly sentimental about things), knowing when to give up, being a satisfactory sexual partner, condemning people who make loud noises, being comfortable with your natural unwashed self, etc.

Examples of "wrong" behaviors/inclinations, would be listening to shitty music, eating food too slowly (if eating with someone else/other people, you're making the other person/people suffer), being a pushover when it comes to standing up for yourself, being overly attached to the things you love (I consider this a form of sickness), being bad in bed, making lots of unnecessary noise, always needing to be clean/scrubbed up (because God forbid your *cough* stupid *cough* peers reject you), etc.

It's cute that you have opinions. Here, here's a cookie.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
You should write a regular column......

Douchebag etiquette....

Working title - "Straight from the Nozzle".
Inferior people - define please.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 26, 2022 at 5:43 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Inferior people - define please.
Putting up with having a job you hate......
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(April 26, 2022 at 4:21 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Do you have an ideal set of behaviors/inclinations that you strive to perform/live up to? And what are some behaviors/inclinations that annoy you and indicate that the offending person is an inferior sort of person?

Is this whole thread just a justification for not bathing regularly?
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 446 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A DNR that went wrong. Jehanne 12 795 March 31, 2021 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Nutella is for fat people and kids, right? Foxaèr 12 994 November 6, 2020 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  was it my big boobs or just the wrong stool funcouple 8 961 August 30, 2019 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Born in the wrong country Alexmahone 3 898 April 20, 2018 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
  What's Wrong Amarok 32 4296 January 14, 2017 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Amarok
  I was wrong rado84 30 2977 July 22, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: rado84
  It should never be considered wrong Foxaèr 35 2999 July 8, 2016 at 6:09 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I was wrong about everything. Foxaèr 15 1880 April 2, 2016 at 4:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is it wrong? Foxaèr 70 7119 January 12, 2016 at 2:00 pm