Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2026, 5:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Some things being above reason
#37
RE: Some things being above reason
I don't know if we could confidently state that "mystical experiences" contribute to the overall health and wellbeing of a person. I doubt it would be difficult for either of us to find some pretty hilarious examples of "mystical experiences" gone awry, eh? But, if the comparison to sleep holds, what does my lack of "mystical experiences" cause in me? Care to make some predictions as to what sorts of symptoms I might experience due to "under-mystical-experiencing"? Is mystical experience a necessity somehow? Necessary for what?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Some things being above reason - by Dolorian - November 7, 2014 at 2:58 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by abaris - November 7, 2014 at 3:24 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Faith No More - November 7, 2014 at 3:42 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Mudhammam - November 7, 2014 at 3:54 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Thumpalumpacus - November 7, 2014 at 4:12 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Pitsligo - November 10, 2014 at 9:00 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by robvalue - November 7, 2014 at 4:19 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by dyresand - November 8, 2014 at 12:37 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Minimalist - November 8, 2014 at 12:47 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Whateverist - November 8, 2014 at 12:55 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Minimalist - November 12, 2014 at 9:46 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by robvalue - November 8, 2014 at 4:59 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by dyresand - November 8, 2014 at 9:13 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Neo-Scholastic - November 10, 2014 at 9:48 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by genkaus - November 10, 2014 at 9:50 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Neo-Scholastic - November 12, 2014 at 9:29 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Chas - November 15, 2014 at 12:01 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Whateverist - November 15, 2014 at 12:38 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Neo-Scholastic - November 16, 2014 at 8:37 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Whateverist - November 17, 2014 at 10:29 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Neo-Scholastic - November 17, 2014 at 11:42 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by FifthElement - November 18, 2014 at 12:37 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Piscinin - November 18, 2014 at 8:19 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Whateverist - November 10, 2014 at 11:49 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Dystopia - November 10, 2014 at 10:37 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Angrboda - November 10, 2014 at 11:58 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Chad32 - November 10, 2014 at 12:32 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Jackalope - November 10, 2014 at 7:44 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Dolorian - November 10, 2014 at 10:17 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by dyresand - November 11, 2014 at 2:24 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Rayaan - November 11, 2014 at 4:29 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Chad32 - November 11, 2014 at 10:58 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by abaris - November 11, 2014 at 11:02 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Chas - November 11, 2014 at 11:09 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Whateverist - November 11, 2014 at 11:26 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by Rayaan - November 12, 2014 at 1:47 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by TreeSapNest - November 12, 2014 at 4:21 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Wyrd of Gawd - November 15, 2014 at 5:35 am
RE: Some things being above reason - by The Grand Nudger - November 15, 2014 at 12:08 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by g0sU - November 15, 2014 at 7:01 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by The Grand Nudger - November 17, 2014 at 9:32 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by Whateverist - November 17, 2014 at 11:53 pm
RE: Some things being above reason - by dyresand - November 18, 2014 at 12:11 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Five Things She Doesn't Like About Atheists AFTT47 33 4973 April 1, 2026 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 129 61799 January 20, 2026 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 6905 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Paschal's Wager re-formulated mathematically: why being Christian is Rational. Nishant Xavier 59 14242 August 6, 2023 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  It's Darwin Day tomorrow - logic and reason demands merriment! Duty 7 2031 February 13, 2022 at 10:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  No reason justifies disbelief. Catharsis 468 138658 March 30, 2019 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Is being an atheist important to you? EgoDeath 63 18993 February 27, 2019 at 7:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists being asked about the existence of Jesus Der/die AtheistIn 154 48508 January 24, 2019 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is your reason for being an atheist? dimitrios10 43 16862 June 6, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  My 2004 Ford C-max can do amazing things I_am_not_mafia 21 6992 March 16, 2018 at 4:28 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)