Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 6:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Theists on AF, I Challenge You to a Debate on the Existence of God
RE: Any Theists on AF, I Challenge You to a Debate on the Existence of God
(December 27, 2014 at 2:38 am)robvalue Wrote: I'm not just picking on frodo here, this applies to all organised God-religions. And yeah, the whole thing is an easy target because it has no basis in reality. I'll continue to bash the crap out of it until the world admits it's all horse shit.

You poor thing, you do love your clinical life don't you ?. What is love to you, just chemicals in the brain, come on life is more than just intellectual knowledge, there's so much that can never be known, its all a mystery, religion, can be a way of see the world that we cannot know metaphorically. Why are you so angry with religion, I know much of religion can be a pain in the butt, but don't go throwing the baby out with the bath water.

(December 27, 2014 at 3:08 am)Surgenator Wrote:
(December 27, 2014 at 2:33 am)psychoslice Wrote: Yes its a star, but its much more than a star, when I say star, your conditioning tells you what you have been told what is. But we are talking more about the concept of god, and this is what I am saying, there is something bigger than any of us will ever know, we are just a speck of dust on a speck called a planet, and here we are thinking we know so much abou8t what is out there. This mystery is what I call God, or Super Consciousness, or whatever name. We are a programmed mind body organism,
No, our brains is a self-learning circuitry that can go beyond our instictual behaviors. Our basic insticts are the only programming we come with, the rest we are self taught.
Quote:we can only know what we are programmed to know,
Prove it.
Quote:like other animals they are programmed in a way that we could never understand,
Also, prove this claim as well.
Quote:but still we put labels onto what we think they know. We have our five senses to feel our way through this life, and only through those senses can we understand this life, but this life is beyond our senses, and we will never know all there is.
What does it mean to say "life is beyond our senses?" Do you mean we cannot feel, touch, smell, hear, or taste life? If that is what you meant, you are correct. You cannot use the experience a non-object with the five senses.

Yes that is true also, but also we are thrown into this life with only a minimum amount of feelers, such as our senses. Because of this we can only feel a very small part of the whole, and that part we make into knowledge, and label it, but that's all it is, labels, or pointers pointing to that which cannot be truly known just by our senses.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Theists on AF, I Challenge You to a Debate on the Existence of God - by psychoslice - December 27, 2014 at 3:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 25408 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5390 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33710 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2393 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 42186 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17850 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4540 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3640 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 11496 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  How to destroy any argument for God Drich 46 5525 October 9, 2019 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda