Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 14, 2024, 8:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists, provide your arguments for God.
Theists, provide your arguments for God.
This thread is a thread for theists to try and argue for God. I don't expect much but here we go.

It's also for us atheists to respond to them!
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Epicurus Wrote:The greatest reward of righteousness is peace of mind.

Epicurus Wrote:Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;

What is good is easy to get,

What is terrible is easy to endure
RE: Theists, provide your arguments for God.
[Image: can-of-worms1.jpg?w=753]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Arguments for god:

1. Argument from miracles - you can't find keys, you pray and suddenly find keys

2. Argument from feeling - you feel that God exists

3. Argument from visitations - when Jesus or Marry appears on bread or window or a door

4. Argument from text - it says in the Bible that God exists therefore god exists

5. Argument from healing - you get sick and take medications or even go to a surgery and suddenly get well because God healed you

6. Argument from quantity of believers - many people don't know anything about critical thinking and thus believe in god, therefore god exists
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(August 3, 2024 at 7:04 am)Disagreeable Wrote: This thread is a thread for theists to try and argue for God. I don't expect much but here we go.

So, you’ve created a thread which is basically what this entire Forum is about.

Well done…?

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Arguments are not evidence.
Buuk ov mageek saiz godiboi, therefore, godiboi.
(August 3, 2024 at 7:04 am)Disagreeable Wrote: This thread is a thread for theists to try and argue for God. I don't expect much but here we go.

If you want to ask this question and have religious people respond, you could go to 

religiousforums dot com

Some religious people post there.
You can listen to the Christian radio where every 10 seconds you're hearing someone tell you they know exactly what god wants, what he thinks, what he feels about all the various minutia of day to day life.

I heard one woman talking about how she's trying to have better communications with her teenage daughter. She said she started to say something one day about her daughter's acne, but then stopped herself and thought better of it. Except it wasn't her own cognitive function that stopped her, of course not, it was the lord. She knew it was the lord apparently because they're very deeply connected and he's just looking out for her left and right.

And you hear these kind of stories non-stop where Lord is helping people consider their words, find their keys, push out that difficult dookie. I mean, no wonder he doesn't have time to help all those starving children.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(August 4, 2024 at 12:11 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: You can listen to the Christian radio...

I would rather file my teeth off on concrete.
(August 4, 2024 at 12:11 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: You can listen to the Christian radio where every 10 seconds you're hearing someone tell you they know exactly what god wants, what he thinks, what he feels about all the various minutia of day to day life.

I heard one woman talking about how she's trying to have better communications with her teenage daughter. She said she started to say something one day about her daughter's acne, but then stopped herself and thought better of it. Except it wasn't her own cognitive function that stopped her, of course not, it was the lord. She knew it was the lord apparently because they're very deeply connected and he's just looking out for her left and right.

And you hear these kind of stories non-stop where Lord is helping people consider their words, find their keys, push out that difficult dookie. I mean, no wonder he doesn't have time to help all those starving children.

I know someone IRL who says that about God, he's a very sincere person, I guess that's just how he conceptualizes it. Not for me though.
"Imagination, life is your creation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists: What is your stance on evolution? Agnostic1 118 11955 March 27, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 26730 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5806 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 35987 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2537 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 19287 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3916 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 12677 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 18845 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How do religious people react to their own arguments? Vast Vision 60 17674 July 9, 2017 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Astonished