Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 6:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My privilege as a straight, white, cisgender, middle class thin male
RE: My privilege as a straight, white, cisgender, middle class thin male
(December 27, 2014 at 5:04 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: Also like to add that there is no such thing as 'thin privilege'. Despite what some people believe, everyone can lose weight, it just depends on how much you want it. It is something that can be changed about you. In fact, the world is catering for obesity more than ever. Also, as a thin person myself, I find it quite difficult to find clothes that fit. The smallest size i've ever seen is XXS whereas the largest i have seen is XXXXXL but do I put it down to 'fat privilege'? No. If you are too fat to fit in the chairs, whether that be the cinema, airplane or rollercoaster, you should lose some weight.

Lol you must be really smart and have skipped the definition of privilege - It means one group possesses higher social power over the other - I too as a medium size male have trouble getting decent fitting clothes, I'm actually about 5kg overweight and I wear a short size for my shirts - However a simple fact like that doesn't change stupid assumptions and stereotypes made about fat people. I've been fat, I'm average now, and I can feel a tremendous difference socially, I'm not called lazy, I'm more likely to be seen as a respectful person, I'm not assumed to be unhealthy even though I smoke a lot and rarely exercise - No one is promoting fat here, but fat shaming isn't the solution either IMO.

After the facts I've mentioned, it's unreasonable to say being thin doesn't give you privileges - It does - I'm not talking about dating or feeling sexually attracted, or trying to give fat people more than to thin people, I'm just saying fat people should at least be as respected as others when it comes to basic human dignity

And the fact fat people have the right to clothes that fit is not a privilege, it's a right and nothing else
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Messages In This Thread
RE: My privilege as a straight, white, cisgender, middle class thin male - by Dystopia - December 27, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The white privilege to terrorize Foxaèr 116 8867 November 2, 2020 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Militias/BS white anxiety and toilet paper. Brian37 10 1249 October 29, 2020 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  White liberals are the true racists Sammin 55 4456 October 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  White Christians are in retreat Minimalist 0 249 October 21, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 4016 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  The Thin-Skinned Orange Shitgibbon Can Only Handle Fox. Minimalist 0 371 July 25, 2018 at 1:58 am
  One Less Cunt In The White House Minimalist 0 381 June 5, 2018 at 8:34 pm
  The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight Minimalist 0 342 June 5, 2018 at 5:53 pm
  The SPLC - All White at the Top John V 29 4239 April 24, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Torture in The Middle East: memories from Syria's war. WinterHold 0 365 April 22, 2018 at 4:17 am
Last Post: WinterHold