Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Theists on AF, I Challenge You to a Debate on the Existence of God
RE: Any Theists on AF, I Challenge You to a Debate on the Existence of God
(December 30, 2014 at 1:21 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: I'll argue FOR the existence of God.

1. There must be a first cause. Causation cannot regress infinitely; a succession of events, such as those immediately preceding the present one, could not be added to an actual infinite set. But even if this can be shown to be possible, yet as incomprehensible as a first cause, the evidence in cosmology suggests that time, space, and matter had a beginning, and hence the cause for the world cannot be physical, but must metaphysical or hyperphysical.
2. The cause must be free and not restrained, as a mechanism that is only acting on sufficient conditions would result in another infinite regress.
3. The cause is responsible for finely-tuned order, through a synthesis of plurality in unity that, through intricately determined principles, brought about reflective "selves" who can relate to themselves. As science seeks out simpler principles to explain complex phenomena, our first cause is the most simple of all, a singularity of infinite potential. It contains potentiality to create, through infinitely complex mechanisms, a set of realities, one with beings who possess a taste for the infinite and the finite, chance and necessity, good and evil, in other words, the first cause acts and through its power comes to know itself as a plurality of selves.
4. Nature is the effect of God, and reflects the sublime plurality in unity, chaos in order, evil in good, and all other relational paradoxes that science can only dimly grasp.

:-) Ok, that's all I got for now.

1. The universe has no cause or purpose. The reality of it being that we are a live on a planet that supports life and there is millions probably billions of other planets out there that could or already have sentient life forms. But in the grand scheme of things we are just the result chance and nothing more. We are special in a way that yes we are alive we have a planet that supports our life, plants, animals etc. Also we are really lucky to have water in a liquid form.

2. Again there is no cause or purpose it just is or isn't.

3. There is no cause to create our universe created itself within a span of billions of years. To say there needs to be a creator to create complex structures or planets will fall into the same argument god is to complex there for he needs a creator. Believe it or not yes the universe created itself after the big bang. Hydrogen and Helium were the first 2 elements after the big bang to exist they were both super hot they couldn't form bonds given time those molecules cooled down and started forming bonds creating other elements which in turn created our stars. In what what do we need a creator if nature and elements can form on their own without a god or some type of ethereal being to put it together what point does god have to say he created anything if everything just feel into place on its own.

4. Nature is, not the affect of god and can be explained fairly easily. The most simplistic explanation of weather. Basically, the sun heats the earth and its atmosphere causing differences in air temperature. The warm air rises from the equator and travels towards the poles.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Theists on AF, I Challenge You to a Debate on the Existence of God - by dyresand - December 30, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 25515 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5422 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33829 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2398 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 42673 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17997 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4593 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3663 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 11595 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  How to destroy any argument for God Drich 46 5546 October 9, 2019 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda