Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 11:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Students taught humans coexisted with dinosaurs
RE: Students taught humans coexisted with dinosaurs
(August 2, 2010 at 10:25 pm)Godschild Wrote: I guess that makes me one of those twits,
Yes
Quote: I'm a fundie who believes the Bible is true, yet I like science.
Only if you think it supports your fairy tale, otherwise it is inspired by Satan.
Quote:I try to apply science to what is taught in the scriptures but some times things fall into the supernatural realm and as of now can not be explained I do have hope that science will answer some of the questions that are unanswerable at this time.
You might as well try applying science to a Enid Blyton novel, they're both equally fanciful.
Quote: This is how I see the supernatural it is science so advanced that we are not able to comprehend it. I'm not saying that this is absolute it's the way I see it.
Then you demonstrate your lack of understanding of the words "supernatural" and "science"
The first means something is beyond natural and therefore immune to analysis by science, by definition since everything is encompassed by nature, supernatural=fiction.
Science is merely the tool we use to understand nature. Thusly this statement"science so advanced that we are not able to comprehend it" is incorrect.
Quote:As for the light getting a head start I think whoever told you that meant that God created the light from the stars and held it in place until He created the stars thus all stars were visible to the first peope He created.
If your god has done this he is the greatest liar of all time, because he has misled us all by presenting the universe other than it is and causing us to think it is something that it is not.
Quote: The universe is a wonderful time piece and I've never seen a time piece that was not made by someone intelligent and then set in motion. No time piece that I know of has ever fell into place and started itself. So why should the universe be any different. It has a creator and He set it in motion.
No, the universe is not a timepiece. To call it such in order to lead into your little spiel about never having seen a timepiece that did have a creator is disingenous to say the least.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Students taught humans coexisted with dinosaurs - by Zen Badger - August 3, 2010 at 5:52 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12688 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3486 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Will Humans Have Freewill in Heaven? Rhondazvous 230 36320 July 21, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Metis
  Does God love animals more than humans? Metis 34 7339 June 26, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Ken Ham Explains Dinosaurs Nope 21 5667 June 7, 2015 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Dinosaurs atheist04330 15 1891 July 24, 2014 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Dumb Fuck Creatard Insists Dinosaurs Were On the Fucking Ark Minimalist 50 19533 April 26, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  A club exists at my school for the purpose of evangelizing students Marnie 84 34972 May 11, 2013 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: catfish
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 9633 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Archbishop of Canterbury: Children should be taught the Lord's Prayer Nine 10 6254 March 31, 2012 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris