Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does God love animals more than humans?
Does God love animals more than humans?
Odd topic heading right? I'm intending this more for any Christians in residence but I'd welcome the input of anyone else as well.

According to more traditional theologies in Christianity, animals do not have an immortal soul. They have "material souls" that die with the body upon death. I've got a couple of questions on this point.

1. If animals do not have immortal souls and death is the end, why is it fine to kill them? You're not just killing their bodies, you're destroying their souls, erasing them from existence. We know animals can experience physical pain, even loss if one observes the behavior of packs and herds when a member of it dies. It's immoral to kill a human, but perfectly acceptable to kill a cow because you might be hungry.

In this line of thinking, would it not be more moral to eat another human and not the cow? The human can move to another plane of existence, the cow faces oblivion.

2. If animals do not have immortal souls, that means after death they cannot be tortured forever after death for displeasing God. Isn't God showing more mercy to animals that displease him than he does to the creatures supposedly made Imago Dei ? Does God like animals more than he does people?
RE: Does God love animals more than humans?
What the fuck is a soul anyway? ._.
I mean seriously, what does that word even mean?

As to the question, god loves rocks more than humans. If we're made in his image, I think he has some serious self hate issues
Well, they do have a sweet savour...
According to Descartes, animals have no consciousness at all.  They are like machines, and feel no pain.

Of course, it is absurd, as we know they feel pain for exactly the same reason we know people feel pain.  When you poke a man with a pointy stick, he engages in pain-behavior, the same as a dog.  So Descartes was being idiotic.  Which he was being for religious reasons (he was Catholic).

So, what you are going to hear will depend on what Christian tradition a person is telling you about.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Well, going with the hypothetical...god -inflicted us- upon animals..............
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
They will likely say.

Apologetic: Well... umm. Humans know good and evil... while animals is well.. umm... Well they don't umm...

Just to guess how one will counter argue it Tongue. Although animals aren't stupid so thats false. Considering that if you lock a crow in a cage, and abuse it and let it go. Then it will remember your face for some years and warn the crow community. And if it sees your face it will attack you.

But yeah. Animals are off the hook because God is obviously a human. I mean he is afterall in our own first celled monkey image : 3
The fact that he made animals so delicious shows he loves us more.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
......ah, but have you ever tried longpig?  That many cannibals can't be wrong!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Animals don't have a soul. Only humans.
Thank god I'm not an animal!
(Ignoramus then eats a banana and goes and has a shit)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 25, 2015 at 6:31 pm)Rhythm Wrote: ......ah, but have you ever tried longpig?  That many cannibals can't be wrong!

I have heard that human tastes a lot like pork.  Certainly, there is no reason to suppose a priori that humans are not as tasty as other animals.  If you tried it, you might like it.  I'll bet you can make some pretty special 'bacon' from humans.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1331 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  God's Love Johanabrahams 724 75087 October 3, 2021 at 1:05 pm
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 6922 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5159 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1686 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. downbeatplumb 254 29253 September 20, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2127 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself Foxaèr 43 8098 June 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
Sad My mother believes in Jesus more than in me suffering23 56 8871 April 16, 2018 at 3:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15019 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger