Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A club exists at my school for the purpose of evangelizing students
A club exists at my school for the purpose of evangelizing students
These clubs exist in my area in high schools and middle schools. They are run by an outside missionary group located in the northern area of my state. The only purpose of this club is teaching evangelization to Christians and converting non-Christian students to Christianity. Kids are apparently invited to these clubs and presented the gospel and then made to confess Jesus as their savior. They sign a card saying they confess Jesus as their savior or they have more questions to ask before confessing. Group leaders are supposed to report to headquarters how many students have been converted to Christianity.
RE: A club exists at my school for the purpose of evangelizing students
Is there an equivalent service provided for Hindus I wonder?
Contact the Secular Student Alliance. They can advise you if anything can be done to prevent this.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
No, no Hindus. I think this is absolutely despicable. They are allowed to exists under the supreme court decision. They handed out bible verses on campus on Valentine's day. Adults who are pastors, youth pastors, evangelists and church leaders come to these meetings. They are run by an outside missionary group.
OMG! Someone has differing beliefs than you do, SILENCE THEM!!!
Or wait, you disagree with freedom of speech, so shut up...
I don't have a problem with them meeting together. I don't take offense to the bible club. They keep to themselves. The only purpose of this club is evangelization. They advertise it on the school news, but their mission to convert non-Christians to Christianity is made clearly known on their website. Also the fact it is run by an outside missionary group on school grounds.

I'm not saying they don't have a right to exist but this is tiptoeing incredibly close to the line.
do they have swastikas out front.......... if they do........ buy them flowers
(May 3, 2013 at 11:12 pm)Marnie Wrote: I don't have a problem with them meeting together. I don't take offense to the bible club. They keep to themselves. The only purpose of this club is evangelization. They advertise it on the school news, but their mission to convert non-Christians to Christianity is made clearly known on their website. Also the fact it is run by an outside missionary group on school grounds.

I'm not saying they don't have a right to exist but this is tiptoeing incredibly close to the line.

(bolded, for her pleasure...)
(May 3, 2013 at 11:00 pm)Marnie Wrote: No, no Hindus. I think this is absolutely despicable. They are allowed to exists under the supreme court decision. They handed out bible verses on campus on Valentine's day. Adults who are pastors, youth pastors, evangelists and church leaders come to these meetings. They are run by an outside missionary group.

So WTF? Is it despicable because there are no hindus or what???
Weasle, backpedal, or denial, which shall it be???
Yeah, we have evangelists at my college even though evangelism is against school rules. They just got more sneaky about what they were doing. My suggestion would be whenever they pass out evangelical materials, you should stand next to them and hand out these:
Flying Spaghetti Monster Brochures
See, that way you're not infringing on their rights in any way, but you are highlighting how ridiculous they are.
(May 3, 2013 at 11:23 pm)catfish Wrote:
(May 3, 2013 at 11:12 pm)Marnie Wrote: I don't have a problem with them meeting together. I don't take offense to the bible club. They keep to themselves. The only purpose of this club is evangelization. They advertise it on the school news, but their mission to convert non-Christians to Christianity is made clearly known on their website. Also the fact it is run by an outside missionary group on school grounds.

(bolded, for her pleasure...)
(May 3, 2013 at 11:00 pm)Marnie Wrote: No, no Hindus. I think this is absolutely despicable. They are allowed to exists under the supreme court decision. They handed out bible verses on campus on Valentine's day. Adults who are pastors, youth pastors, evangelists and church leaders come to these meetings. They are run by an outside missionary group.

So WTF? Is it despicable because there are no hindus or what???
Weasle, backpedal, or denial, which shall it be???

I would feel the same way if a Hindu temple was running a group to convert students to Hinduism. If there were an outside atheist group, running an atheist club, having students declare their lack of faith in a god after being coerced there, I wouldn't think that’s right either.

But I can't argue against you. You're one of those people who will set themselves up to be right no matter what anyone says. You could be punched in the face, kicked in the ribs, pushed down the stairs and you'd still be saying, "I won."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 35705 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  What they don't teach you in Sunday School LinuxGal 19 1227 September 25, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 38628 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1312 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2210 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fundy home school - 13 kids rescued drfuzzy 2 969 January 16, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3385 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The church in my school yard Der/die AtheistIn 12 1996 August 25, 2017 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Christian Teacher writes letter to school newspaper saying "Gays deserve to die" Divinity 68 18622 May 23, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  If Yahweh exists, is he a fraud? Cecelia 33 5358 November 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Drich