Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 9:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NASA and the missing day
RE: NASA and the missing day
(January 23, 2015 at 2:04 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(January 21, 2015 at 12:41 am)Godschild Wrote: Well, I see Mister Agenda was the only one who read what I posted, yet the rest of you insist I read the stuff you post, no need to wonder why I do not, right. Thanks to Mister Agenda for using his brain.

Thanks, GC.

You're welcome, you were honest enough to read and then respond.

(January 21, 2015 at 12:41 am)Godschild Wrote:

Quote:So was mine. All I got on Emperor Yeo was apologetics sites, no one else seems to have heard of him. When did he live? What was his dynasty? How can we know it's the same day if we can't even establish that the report being claimed was from the same century?

Okay for the sake of the argument lets put him aside for now.

Quote:Superficially at least, this Emperor Yao business seems entirely made-up imaginary support for the claim of the sun standing still for Joshua.

I do not think this was made up, if it had it would have been debunked long ago, I'll try to do more research on the emperor.

(January 21, 2015 at 12:41 am)Godschild Wrote: Also remember that the article I posted did not say the stories from Mexico and South America were recorded during that time, they were events recorded later that go back to that time.

Quote:Which in itself makes them extremely problematic as reliable sources.

Why, many sources that were told later or copies of lost originals are accepted as historical fact, if it's good for what some will accept it should be acceptable for the rest, unless there's proof to the contrary.

Quote: I'm not saying people aren't passing down stories they heard. I'm saying it's not reasonable to make much of stories that were passed on orally for centuries before being recorded and which even then don't have the details we would need to establish that they are talking about the same thing.

We have details, the writings denote that the long day occurred during the year of the Seven Rabits, this is the same time when the scriptures say the long day occurred. There's no way the ones who wrote the Mexican report could have known what was recorded in the scriptures.

(January 21, 2015 at 12:41 am)Godschild Wrote: Babylonian and Philistine records speak of such a day. As for the Egyptian priest reporting they had a long day as in (a hard day) is rather doubtful since there seems to be no such record of them doing the same at any other time, besides that's not what the priest did, they reported things happening in nature, the kingdom, wars and ect.

Quote:As neither of us are Egyptologists to the best of my knowledge, I don't think either of us can say either way, which means a figure of speech can't be reasonably ruled out, especially if the alternative is that the sun literally 'stood still in the sky' for hours.

Seeing how this was recorded in stone I seriously doubt the priest is going to waste effort to chisel out a term denoting he was having a bad day, especially knowing that trivial stuff would wear down his copper chisel and it would need to be reworked, a lot more difficult than sharpening a pencil.

Quote:If the religion you believe didn't say this happened, would you buy it for a second? Would you hear about this priest's accounts and immediately jump to 'wow, that priest must have really seen the sun standing still in the sky for hours!'?

It would depend on what was presented, I believe many things that are not in the scriptures, they present only a history of a small area. I'm not saying we have absolute proof but, if one takes the written evidence and considers the sum all of it presents, I believe we have a reasonable amount to consider that this could indeed be factual. I know it's hard for an unbeliever to think such a thing could happen, it would indeed be a reason to consider at least some of scripture to be true.

Quote:They are phenomena for which there is evidence, which is how we know of them. It's the explanation for the phenomena that requires more evidence to arrive at conclusively. Importantly, science isn't claiming it has an explanation for these things it can't explain.

There could be dark energy and matter, it will be interesting to find out what's going on, but there's no proof and so even with evidence of something it doesn't mean it's either or one of the above.

Quote:At least you are willing to consider the possiblity that you might be wrong, which is more than some people can do. It speaks well of you.

No I believe what the scriptures say, but with the things stated about Velikovsky I have doubts about his integrity. However Newton addressed the same thing and as far as I know no one has disputed his claim.

(January 21, 2015 at 12:41 am)Godschild Wrote: A lot of circumstantial evidence, yes, but hard to rule out the event completely.

Quote:It's easy to rule out the event completely if you understand that it's physically impossible.

Newton says it's not physically impossible, he showed how it could have happened, I know he was smarter than I am and I suppose everyone else here.

(January 21, 2015 at 12:41 am)Godschild Wrote: Of coarse I believe it happened, an omnipotent God can do with His creation as He pleases with no explanation to the created.

GC

Quote:What God hypothetically could do is a crazy standard for believing what he did do. What crackpot hypothesis do you NOT believe with that as your standard? If you can't say, given God, that there's ANYTHING that sounds too silly for God to have done, you're saying you believe in a God that does silly things;..... Do you really think God is whimsical, GC?

God does only things with purpose, who He is rules out whimsical. What God does, is what brings glory to His name and that is exactly what was going on in this event, whether by an asteroid or by His power God stopped the rotation of the earth. So you see I believe that things like a floating ax head are not crazy or silly, they have purpose. God does those things that no one else can claim to do and even if they did they couldn't do such things. Again God through nature proves himself if only people will listen. You should watch, you'll have to purchase it, the video "The Star of Bethlehem," and see how God looked down through the coming history and worked a wonder with what He created to give signs about a birth and a death, signs using the natural movement of the stars and planets. If you do not believe there is something in it to consider I'll buy the video from you.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
NASA and the missing day - by Mudhammam - January 20, 2015 at 9:08 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by robvalue - January 20, 2015 at 9:14 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Fidel_Castronaut - January 20, 2015 at 9:20 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by robvalue - January 20, 2015 at 9:25 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by h4ym4n - January 20, 2015 at 9:22 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Mudhammam - January 20, 2015 at 9:34 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by JuliaL - January 20, 2015 at 12:11 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Fidel_Castronaut - January 20, 2015 at 9:27 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Gawdzilla - January 20, 2015 at 10:04 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Alex K - January 20, 2015 at 10:49 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by robvalue - January 20, 2015 at 10:49 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Godschild - January 20, 2015 at 11:21 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Mudhammam - January 20, 2015 at 4:06 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Mister Agenda - January 20, 2015 at 5:07 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by SteelCurtain - January 20, 2015 at 11:45 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Crossless1 - January 20, 2015 at 11:53 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by vorlon13 - January 20, 2015 at 2:15 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by The Grand Nudger - January 20, 2015 at 2:34 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by downbeatplumb - January 20, 2015 at 2:40 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Full Circle - January 20, 2015 at 2:45 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Brian37 - January 20, 2015 at 2:50 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Forsaken - January 20, 2015 at 5:59 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Minimalist - January 20, 2015 at 7:34 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - January 20, 2015 at 7:52 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by vorlon13 - January 20, 2015 at 8:16 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Cyberman - January 21, 2015 at 12:15 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Minimalist - January 21, 2015 at 12:36 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Godschild - January 21, 2015 at 12:41 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Forsaken - January 21, 2015 at 12:45 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Mister Agenda - January 23, 2015 at 2:04 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Godschild - January 23, 2015 at 4:27 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Mister Agenda - January 23, 2015 at 6:44 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Godschild - January 24, 2015 at 12:18 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Cyberman - January 21, 2015 at 1:09 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Godschild - January 21, 2015 at 2:37 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Cato - January 23, 2015 at 4:31 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Minimalist - January 21, 2015 at 3:03 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by robvalue - January 21, 2015 at 3:08 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by vorlon13 - January 21, 2015 at 11:26 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Crossless1 - January 21, 2015 at 11:37 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by vorlon13 - January 21, 2015 at 12:28 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Crossless1 - January 23, 2015 at 6:50 pm
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Cyberman - January 24, 2015 at 1:45 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Godschild - January 24, 2015 at 11:28 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by dyresand - January 24, 2015 at 11:35 am
RE: NASA and the missing day - by Cyberman - January 24, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus. A Day Late and a Dollar Short Minimalist 20 4452 April 24, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  R'uh r'oh!! Corned beef brisket, St Paddy's Day and LENT !! vorlon13 34 4125 March 6, 2017 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The WLC/Shelly debate -- gone missing! Jehanne 18 3078 October 8, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  If jesus knows where the missing Malaysian airplane is, why won't he tell someone? Brakeman 45 6841 March 21, 2014 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Hezekiah