Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus. A Day Late and a Dollar Short
Jesus. A Day Late and a Dollar Short
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/colleg...-1.3091268

Quote:Wheaton College student killed by ‘hammer’ at track and field competition

Quote:Ethan Roser, 19, a freshman transfer student at Wheaton College from Cincinnati, was struck and killed by a hammer during the hammer throw event.

Quote:"We are deeply grieved, but, because of our faith in Christ, not without hope," Wheaton College President Philip Ryken said in a statement.

Um, a little late for that shit, man.  Nice work, jesus.  Glad to see you're on the ball and can't even stop a thrown hammer.  I bet Thor could have handled it!
RE: Jesus. A Day Late and a Dollar Short
Thor: more powerful than Jesus.
Dying to live, living to die.
What makes you think Thor didn't?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Sure as shit better with a hammer.  Some "carpenter" that fucker must have been.
(April 23, 2017 at 9:28 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: What makes you think Thor didn't?

Non-existence?
Obviously this means the US needs hammer control!
Doesn't it just piss you off when people thank Jesus for saving their loved one(s)? I mean, wtf, it sort of implies he actively let's other people like this poor kid, die. I mean, if he can save the life of one sick or endangered child, why not all of them?
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Not all of them are members of The One True Faith.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Isn't invoking your faith in Christ after a student is killed by a hammer throw tantamount to pumping your fist in the air and shouting, 'GOOD SHOT, JESUS!!' ?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 24, 2017 at 12:23 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(April 23, 2017 at 9:28 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: What makes you think Thor didn't?

Non-existence?

Why you running down my alternate fantasy?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1484 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3070 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  A Little Wine From Corinth: A Short Dialogue by Yours Truly Mudhammam 2 910 April 9, 2017 at 6:53 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4142 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  R'uh r'oh!! Corned beef brisket, St Paddy's Day and LENT !! vorlon13 34 3956 March 6, 2017 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sorta late news but here dyresand 41 8985 April 4, 2015 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Pope Francis thinks his tenure will be short c172 13 2866 March 14, 2015 at 9:26 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  NASA and the missing day Mudhammam 45 9609 January 24, 2015 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  If i had a dollar for every time... dyresand 22 5705 January 10, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7196 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist