Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 5:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creed's Corner: A Collection of the Morbid, Mysterious, and Mrandom
RE: Creed's Corner: A Collection of the Morbid, Mysterious, and Mrandom
Creed,
My heart goes out to you. I get it and it sucks. Thank you for being brave enough to put your feelings out here and for sharing. If you ever want to talk, PM me. I'm usually around.

For what it's worth, my hubby is no longer allowed to go hunting without having two or more people with him. Last year I found out that while out hunting with a friend, he said he was going to kill himself, then he took off for two hours. Of course, I didn't find out about this until a week after it happened, but nonetheless, I keep an ever watchful eye on him now and I had a close friend of ours take all of the guns out of the house and I hid the ammunition. Depression sucks. I've been there.

You aren't much of a talker irl and no one has the right to demand that you change for them. If your ex was aware of this prior to taking your friendship to a new level, then she should have been prepared to help you, be supportive and encourage you. Not put you down and demand that you make changes for HER happiness.

Do what works for you. Do what makes YOU happy. No one else can make you happy. Only you can do that. They can ADD to your happiness, but if you are already down, no amount of happy coming from another source is going to permanently fill the void. Some days I struggle because it's been over six months since I've last seen my oldest child. I am miserable and I am sad and hurt. It's not her fault though. She has a guardian (my ex) who has alienated her from me completely. Now, I can either dwell on that fact or I can try and do something about changing the circumstances. I choose change because I want my child home.

Inner strength and peace is hard to come by when there are constant negatives in your life. Hang in there. Try to think of positive thoughts and try to do what makes you feel good inside. Being a quiet person isn't necessarily a bad thing. It looks like you were more than willing to put forth serious effort in your relationship, but she wasn't willing to give you the time YOU needed to accomplish that. Nor does it seem that she was all that willing to be as supportive as she should have been. Lean on us here. Most of us care. I care.

Sending you virtual hugs today. I hope you feel better soon.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creed's Corner: A Collection of the Morbid, Mysterious, and Mrandom - by Joods - April 1, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mysterious monolith found zebo-the-fat 35 1634 December 7, 2020 at 9:48 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Robvalue's video collection robvalue 235 53024 November 6, 2018 at 10:37 am
Last Post: brewer
  Mysterious Packages SteelCurtain 8 734 January 26, 2017 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The brown coats corner Lemonvariable72 4 1025 May 18, 2014 at 4:45 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Creed sven 5 1536 April 26, 2014 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: sven
  The whining corner BrokenQuill92 2 978 December 31, 2013 at 8:41 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Creed's Ramble Thread Creed of Heresy 35 6231 September 23, 2013 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: John V
  Bill Maher's "Rules About Religion" collection. Brian37 9 3962 June 17, 2013 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Putting Creed's Humanism Back thesummerqueen 5 3186 December 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Angels Poetry Corner OTNAngel 5 1818 September 15, 2012 at 1:13 am
Last Post: Cyberman