Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creed's Ramble Thread
Creed's Ramble Thread
Well, I figure I ramble enough and I keep creating threads to do it with...so, rather than just keep making thread after thread after thread, I might as well just, you know, make a ramble thread. This might end up being necro'd quite often, though I leave this thread open to those who wish to just ramble as well. That said, I seem to be the rambler, here. Maybe "the whiner." I don't mean to come off as whiny. I just like to sit down and type for a while, and I don't want to just delete it afterwards. I want someone to read it, anyone, so that I might delude myself into thinking that how I felt matters to someone. I'm sure some people might consider what I feel to matter to them, but the fact of the matter is...I let it out a lot. After a while, anyone short of the most insanely patient person in the world would start going "OK, enough." I don't demand that sort of patience from anyone. I just want, when that patience is worn out, to be able to continue thinking what I feel matters, even though I know I am this quantum-particle in the fabric of the galaxy...to say nothing of the universe.

Being an atheist can be a bit depressing sometimes, eh?

Well, today's ramble isn't really a depressed one. Not compared to my others, at any rate. It's just...a ramble, really. Kind of aimless, though I have an idea where it'll start, at any rate.

Let's begin.

See, anyone who has seen how I look will describe me as a "goth" looking kind of guy. Yeah, that clothing style that some of the people in high school wore, with the leather outfits and the eye-makeup and the spikey collars and bracelets and the bondage pants. Most people grow out of it. I never did. It's not an attempt to be edgy or cool or "non-conformist." It's not an attempt to really be anything other than and outward reflection. They say clothing describes the person. "The clothes make the man" sort of thing. Some people feel comfortable in just jeans and a t-shirt. I just feel comfortable in black outfits, bondage pants adorned with chains, trench coats and, if I really feel vain, black nailpolish [gasp]. It's laid bare for others, in a sense; I have a taste for the darker things. I like dark storylines and settings, I like grim portrayals and topics. I like things that involve exploring, romanticizing, or even trivializing death. Not the acts of bringing death on others, but simply the cessation of our life-processes. I liked, if you can't guess, the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bridge, Paranorman...things like that. Not to say I don't like light-hearted and cheerful things, of course...just, my preferences tend to run towards the morbid more often. Additionally, I like to express a taste for the darker things in other aspects.

The darkness, after all, is mysterious. I like mystery, and intrigue [part of why I love science so much]. Dark things are seductive. The portrayal of forbidden, taboo exploits of the seductive have always trended towards the darkness and those that "turn from the light." The darkness embodies loss; so often do many without hope for an afterlife view death as darkness; the grim reaper, for example. Darkness is subtle, and dangerous. The most insidious of predators both of man and animal prowl the night rather than the day...think of the expression "cloak and dagger." So often in media, for good reason, are creatures (man and animal) of the dark considered beautiful, alluring...tempting towards doom not through overt means but through plots or trickery.

Most of all, darkness is a time of stillness, and quiet, and peace. During the night, most people sleep. The streets are often empty, the lights in houses and places of business are off, the ambient sounds of human activity are few and far in between. There is quiet in the night. Those who remain awake are often left to their own thoughts, given time to reflect. In sleep, we are often quiet, our minds idly puzzling and drifting through thoughts without any direction of our conscious awareness. Darkness is peaceful. In a world where everything is loud, and face-paced and in your face and brash and aggressive, the night brings quiet, a feeling of patience, a lack of bullshit from people and their egos. During the night, except for those on the nightshift, there is no need to struggle with the capitalist soul-grinder to make a living.

The pants, well...I like bondage. A girl who smirks and smiles as she takes to her knees and lets herself be tied up, who puts trust enough in me to let her restrict her physical motions and let me direct how everything goes is just fucking hot. It's an ego-boost and it's infatuating to know that they will surrender control to me, trusting me and expressing it in such a very clear, straightforward manner to lead her, not in life but in sensuality and sexuality, giving me the reigns and trusting that I have the skill to do what we both want with skill and talent and confidence. Despite that it should bring pressure to be more capable, it does not feel that way...it is difficult to feel pressured into succeeding when someone you really care about is willing to go to at LEAST that extent to show you they're that confident in you.

Not to mention I love the way Tripp pants feel. They barely touch your legs and they swish so very nicely while you walk, and they do this cool billowing thing, too, especially in the wind.

I like fishnets because...you know, I can't explain that one with absolute certainty. I like the way they feel and I think they kind of add to the rest of the expression...maybe it's because fishnets are associated with sexuality. I don't wear them on my legs, of course, I wear them on my arms, but still. It is, I think, an admittance to not being close-minded and immature about sex. I think it's an expression that I think sex is far more preferable to shooting and guns and stabbing and killing and bloodshed.

All this on top of the fact I have a close relationship with death. I've seen a lot of it. I've become familiar with it. I respect it, and I am confident enough in myself to admit; I respect it out of fear. It is a fearful respect, a knowledge that it is a force that will always be greater than me and everything I hold dear, and that someday, it may not be today, or tomorrow, or the day after...but someday, it will catch up with me, and on that day, I will have nowhere to run. I accept it...but I fear it all the same.

So, if clothing is an expression of self for others to see...my outfit should surprise no one. It is not an attempt to catch the eye, to try to come off as "non-conformity," or to seem "edgy" or "cool." Seriously, I know what people consider cool. If the gothic subculture was considered "cool" by society I think it'd be a LOT more prominent. It's laying out who I am, that I am not so self-conscious as to hide my personality from the world. So much of me is laid bare, in so many ways, because I do not fear peoples' opinions. I am not fearful of the opinions of others when I say I am sad to the point of crying uncontrollably. I am not fearful of people knowing I occasionally like to tie up a willing female partner and whip her across the ass while she squeals and begs me for another. I am not afraid of people knowing I am bipolar or a former heroin and coke junky. The words of the world around me don't scare me. My fears are much deeper, much more carnal, and much more horrifying, and I face them, where everyone else seems to just ignore them or try not to think about them or, in the case of the religious or "spiritually minded," delude themselves into thinking that it'll all be OK in the end and happiness will come eternal or there is a special place in the universe for the individual or the masses.

Even those fears are often laid bare, because it's not the people I share them with that I need to fear.

So I pull on my fishnet arm stockings and my bondage pants, I pull on a t-shirt with a logo or symbol or general embroidery of an interest or interests (after all, someone may share the interest and it is an invitation to share that interest!), I slip on Trenchy (yes, Trenchy, I nicknamed my trench coat, deal with it), pull on my black gothy combat boots, and I go outside and deal with people like anybody else does, in the same general ways anybody else does...unless it's the night-time in which case I'm just doing it for the sake of comfort, because when I look in a mirror, I see myself completed in visage, speaking to myself silently to remind myself who I am.

A guy who likes the quiet, the isolation from others, the concealment and stillness of the night, who openly acknowledges and faces death, and laughs at it, loves it, and fears it all at once in some strange triple contradiction. A guy who likes to dominate his sexual partners if they are so willing to accept that domination and control. A guy who is unafraid to express all of this to any who would inquire and/or wonder. A guy who is also self-conscious enough (yet honest enough) that he wants others to inquire and/or wonder.

I certainly don't dress like this for the booty.

Not too many girls I know that go for the gothic look.

Then again I don't overdo it, so...

Eh.

As I write this, I'm smoking a hookah. My hookah, by the way, is pretty cool. Brass skull where the tube is, brass plating all over it, weed-green accentuation, and green skull-and-crossbone motifs covering the water chamber. It's a cool little thing, styed more pirate-y than anything. I dig it. Smoking with some of those slow-burn stove-cooker coals. Coconut wood. Smells good. Shisha is Fantasia brand. Rainbow burst.

Stuff tastes like Fruit Loops. Mixed with the peppermint schnapps I'm drinking, it's really damn good.

Volunteered like usual this week. RCC on Monday and Thursday. Picked up the ladle at Salvation Army's soup kitchen of Dane County on Wednesday. Been wondering if I could start up a secular, non-profit soup kitchen to help out around here. Came to the conclusion that there's not enough of a humanist base around here to support such a thing.

Considering doing an outreach program of some kind to see if I can find any local humanists, see if we can come together and do something around here to help out.

Not enough humanists in the world. Too many atheists turn to nihilism and misanthropy.

Such pessimistic world-views. No offense to any nihilists on here, though I tend to take some ire towards misanthropists. As if we need any more reasons to hate each other as it is...a thousand thousand (not an accidental double-word) reasons as it is. Nationalism, sectarianism, racism, sexism, greed, power tripping...let's just add another one to the mix, shall we? Pile another problem onto the camel's back. Sighs.

"Such pain we cause the world," say the misanthropists. We, the sole creature on this planet with the power to hurt or help the environment in which we dwell...and misanthropists choose instead to abandon humanity as a lost cause, as if all we do is evil and destructive, when we have only been given such a short time to prove our worth. As if destiny itself has decreed we shall be the doombringer...even when our scientists and ecologists continue to find new ways to work with the world rather than against it, to find new ways to preserve that which our past ignorance almost destroyed, or what the fickle whims of nature has almost destroyed were it not for human intervention.

To be human is to err, but to be human is also to realize when one errs and to have the power to correct that error, and to work to make up for what we have done, for however much we see fit to do so.

Instead of hating all of humanity...try finding the ones doing good, and work with them to do good, and stop writing humanity off as a lost cause. We're a young species, and in our past we didn't know any better. Now we're beginning to know better. If you know better...DO better. Don't just lay blame everywhere and say it's inevitability of a species so varied in personality as ours is and give up. Giving up is for the weak of will. Giving up is for kids born with a silver spoon in their hand who lose their money and decide life suddenly isn't worth living.

Dyed my hair black over the last couple days.

Hasn't quite taken entirely on one side despite the second attempt.

Fuck you, L'Oreal.

Should've gotten a professional dye.

Bought a couple necklaces.

Had some spare money left over from a really, REALLY cool friend, who I will not name because I am not sure if they want me to or not, but they know who they are. Decided to buy something to boost my spirits.

[Image: J-HumCirPendSilv.png] 24" necklace of this.

[Image: P-AANecklaceS.png] 18" necklace for this.

That second one seem familiar? Wink Shades

That's enough for this ramble. I feel more relaxed now.

Feel free to ramble, yourselves. It's therapeutic.
RE: Creed's Ramble Thread
TL;DR.

^ My ramble. Smile
(September 7, 2013 at 9:37 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote: TL;DR.

^ My ramble. Smile

TS;DC.

^My response. ;D
I love your rants <3
I'm upset.
We're likely going to bomb Syria. Faith in humanity is lost. Especially since my Representative and one of my Senators is SUPER gung-ho about it. I will personally make sure they do not get re-elected... Yeah, right. I can hope though.
I started in a "support group" which is lovely and great, but brings shit up that comes out sideways, because I don't know how to effectively deal with it. What group of sexual abuse "survivors" is totally awesome, anyways? (can I say that as a sexual abuse 'survivor,' I FUCKING HATE THE TERM SURVIVOR???) So that's fun.
My husband, who is most often awesome, is being a dick. Yeah... I had something to do with it. I apologized. Not much more I can do about it... Get over it already. But that's not so great either.
I'm being forced to socialize. I started classes. One bright spot: I confessed to my 4 top table at chem lab that I had never taken a chemistry course before. The girl next to me (we all get our own lab supplies, but the person we sat next to on the first day was deemed our "lab partner" and we're allowed to help out the entire 4 top table) gave me a horrid look of, "Fuck no! I'm not carrying you through this semester!!!" Well, I was the only one who had actually read through the first lab of the semester and gave advice, when asked, of how to do the experiment. To which my "lab partner" was apparently sullen. So I'm sorta smug about that. But, DAMN, socializing and being nice and "appropriately pleasant" fucking sucks. It's stressful and taxing to me. *shrugs* that's the truth and I'll let it stand.
My kids also started school, so now I have to meet the "Mommy Brigade" everyday when I pick them up. Do you know how difficult it is to "act normal" when you're counting kids to find the statistically likely one that has been or will soon be sexually abused?? And I really don't see a way to control that. That's how my brain works. 1-2-3-4-you're it. It's fucked up, I recognize that, and it sucks and is totally distracting to the conversation I'm carrying on about the latest fad in swim lessons, but it's there... running in the background of my mind.
Then I had to fire my babysitter on Thursday. After setting up, what? 20 or so dates with her the previous week. Why? Because she asked for my laptop password to do homework. I gave it to her, against that little voice that said "no." I come home six hours later to literally, 7 pages of screenshots of her browser history (you bet your ass I have evidence)... Her reporting that my kids were trying to strangle each other (which doesn't happen without several levels of escalation), and the discovery that she let my 5 year old play outside, unsupervised... And she sends me an e-mail today apologizing and asking me to reconsider... Not with my babies. OH! and I also found a lovely pile of "deleted" photos in my trash bin of her in areas of my home that my own kids aren't allowed in! (the "old" part of our basement, where we do laundry... at 5 and 7 my kids are too little to do laundry and it's mainly laundry and storage, so what the fuck is my babysitter doing taking selfies on my laptop in the "old" basement for????) With my history of personal violations, that just crossed a line. Then I think back... about 6 months ago this same babysitter left a notecard on my kitchen counter... with my generic prescription Xanax written on it. I confronted her and asked what it was about. She said, "Nothing. It's just something for health class." But I thought it was kind of understood that I knew she was lying, so I let it slide... Anyhoo... the combo effect is that I feel like my personal space has been TOTALLY violated... And my house is my sanctuary from the outside world, so that's big for me. And I still need to find a new sitter...
Then we circle back to the husband unit... It's true, in some situations I look at things from a strictly logical point of view-as logical as my alcohol goggles will let me at this point... He's family centered, but doesn't seem to understand that our relationship is the foundation of our family unit. He's all about having good times with the family and with our boys, but not necessarily with me... Which makes me feel like shit. And I know that I've been difficult the past few weeks with all this crazy stuff flying around, and I'm admitted as such... le sigh.
Then M.O.T.H.E.R. UNIT... OH SHIT... I called her on her birthday (very recent, last week even), even though it's been difficult for me to talk with her for about a year or so... (when confronted with my sexual abuse she responded with an underwhelming, "I thought you were being abused, but didn't want to accuse someone without evidence, so I let it go."-and she doesn't understand what I find wrong with that...) So I get an e-mail from the mother unit a few days ago stating, "I'm relocating (she's currently about 3 hours away from me) and I have a couple boxes of your stuff. Let me know if you want to come over and go through them or if you want me to send them to you." Period. End. of. Story. No idea where my mother is moving to. No idea if she's going to hold onto my stuff or burn it upon moving. Stuff isn't important, probably just shit from high school (which is best left forgotten in the past)... But it's a reminder of how much simpler things were before I looked at my abusive past (only happened about 3 years ago). I'm not just talking the sexual abuse... My entire family structure was fucked from day -1. My mom told me that when the doctor told her she was pregnant with me she burst out in tears, when I was all of about 5-6 years old. But before, it was all about my dad (who I've basically written off at this point-leastways I haven't had direct contact with him in about 5 years, and very infrequently before that). Blame dad....
And my little brother let me know that he's officially homeless.... which is awful, but what can I do? He's an addict and lives halfway across the country.
So, yeah... That's my shit that I've been coping with. What can one do?? Put one foot in front of the other and keep going... When is life going to be more than simply that?

.... I've said too much... I apologize... Life's short, life's shit, and soon it will be over... Wanna leave but the world won't let me go, wanna leave but the world won't let me go... You gave me a life I never chose...
[Image: TSACC14.jpg]
[Bill Lumbergh voice] Yeahhhh if we could keep the "LOL LONG POSTS OF TEXT" posts to a minimum? That'd be grrreeeeat. Thaaanks. [/Lumbergh voice]

I had a day today where, under no influence or reason, I just...I felt...

I felt nothing today.

And then in a desperate attempt to feel SOMETHING I started drinking.

I have no direction for my anger. For everything I'm feeling. I'm veering wildly in too many directions and I just can't get a grasp on any of it, but I know none of it is good.

I'm giving up on my idea of becoming a restauranteur. Or a chef.

I have to be realistic.

I'm 25. I'm approaching 26. Mid-20s guy with NO college education, a credit score of shit-all, and no high school transcripts other than 0.1 GPA, because none of my HS transcripts from before existed.

Seriously. Who the fuck am I supposed to convince with this shit-tier record?

I'm not so driven and ambitious and brilliant and cheerful and optimistic that I can sell my ideas to any potential investor. The banks'll take one look at my credit and grade history and laugh me out of their offices. I'm depressed all the fucking time. My meds aren't doing anytihn. I can't think or wish my way out of my mindset. Nothing I do means anything anymore to me. There's just this all-pervasive hollowness.

Seriously. Who the fuck would finance any kind of restaurant by me? What new innovative ideas do I seriously have? I ain't got SHIT. I've got some half-baked ideas, no innovative or new recipes. I am, at best, a decent homestyle cook. Woop dee fucking doo. Like there aren't literally a million or ten million of those around.

What the fuck do I keep holding on to?

I keep trying in desperation to convinec myself there's SOMETHING. Dear fucking hell...I've lived 25, nearly 26 years...I've dealt with so fucking much, there has to be SOME light at the end of the tunnel, right??

I feel like I've been lied to. Like there's some kind of...I don't know...like there's some hope, like life or the universe or SOMETHING owes me something, anything. Like all of this shit has been worth it.

I keep seeing everyone who has ever endured something similar to what I have...and they all have lovers, wives/husbands. People who make them happy. Careers, jobs, something, ANYTHING to make their lives worth living. I haven't even found something to start with. I don't have anyone. I don't have anything. I keep trying in desperation.

You can only keep scrabbling at the rock for so long, trying to find a handhold before you realize there's nothing and you're just gonna have to slip off the cliff and just take the damn fall, think of the good times, try to ignore the bad times, before the sudden impact and the blankness beyond.

I wish somehow I could explain to everyone just what I've dealt with, I wish I could make someone, ANYONE understand it. The worst I've heard still just doesn't reach me. I feel like I'm in equal parts raging and crying and punching and falling against a brick wall.

I want this to stop. This roller coaster called life is too fucking much and I just want to get off already. I'm not enjoying it even though everyone else is screaming happily and finding parts they love. I. Want. OFF.

I don't expect anyone to really relate. I don't expect sympathy. Or pity. Nor do I want any of it. I'm just so beyond being sad. I'm just numb. I'm completely fucking devoid of anything. I'm alone. I'm tired. I'm past trying to convince myself everything'll be OK, I'm past beleving others who tell me the same.

I just want off. I just. Want. Off. And yet some part of me just won't let me. It keeps stubbornly trying to convince me there's always another day.

I don't believe it but every bit of me requires unanimous consent and that part is the Republican part. It filibusters me at every turn.

I don't even know what I'm hoping to accomplish here. Dumping this shit here isn't helping. What am I expecting? Sympathy? Pity-hugs? People telling me to suck it up? To keep pressing on? What the fuck am I hoping to accomplish here? Attention? I don't want it. Pity? I don't want it. Sympathy? I have no use for it. Ignorance? I'm used to it.

I'm losing my fucking mind. That's all there is to it. I'm insane. I'm trying the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT. FUCK!!! I can't even pay my next months' rent and bills! The fucking hospital required me to pay $500 for my existing medical bills if I wanted to continue psychiatric treatment, and it's the last damn hope I have left anyay. Without that I'm pretty much done. I have victims at the RCC relying on me to help them through extreme trauma when I can't even help myself. I have homeless folk at the Habitat who...well, let's face it, anyone can scoop soup into a bowl, I'm not really all that worthwhile there anyway.

What? WHAT? WHY. HOW?!

Answers. PLEASE. Just...answwers...
There are no answers, Creed, at least not the ones you're looking for. We drift through life searching for some unachievable standard of happiness and destroy ourselves through our failure to find it. We pull ourselves out of the gutter to have life callously kick us back down.

The key is determination and milking life for all it's worth. There is only one shot at it, and I have simply resolved to refuse to let life get the better of me. There will always be ups and downs, but giving up when shit goes sour means you won't get to see the beautiful thing in your life ahead of you.

Life is scary, chaotic shit, but it only has as much control over you as you allow it. I refuse to let it take me down.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Faith, those are wise words. I know the chaos and confusion life brings. As some asian like philosophical statement I made up. "Life is a river, we all travel upon our own, each having different turns, depths , and rapids. Some have more white water, others are more relaxed and lazy. No one can tell you how to navigate your own river, they can only help you on how to improve your boat." -Myself- for what it is worth.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
Well, this thread WAS created for the sake of rambling and ranting and just generally doing whatever one needs to do to get shit off their mind. I feel guilty enough about what I've dragged my closest friends through already. I feel like I've completely overstayed my welcome with them. They tell me otherwise, and honestly, they probably don't feel that way, but there IS an element of guilt that exists there for me anyway. Better to just unload it all somewhere I know there's like-minds who'll get what I'm screaming about than to just bottle it up, which is, until my next appointment with the therapist, my only outlet.

I'm trying to enjoy life. Really am. It's hard as fuck, though, I don't really have much to enjoy and things I used to enjoy just don't elicit a response anymore. This fucking blank void, this dull gray blanket that covers everything. It's worse than the rage and misery. I got drunk not to try to squish the unhappiness, I drank because I knew it would cause the anger and the despair...because feeling something, even something BAD, is better than feeling nothing. I had been feeling nothing for days on end, just this cold nothingness.

My text-screaming rants on here are a RELIEF, they're an eruption of some kind of emotion, some kind of SOMETHING.

I'll have to talk to the therapist about this stuff on Tuesday.
(September 7, 2013 at 9:19 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Well, I figure I ramble enough and I keep creating threads to do it with...so, rather than just keep making thread after thread after thread, I might as well just, you know, make a ramble thread. This might end up being necro'd quite often, though I leave this thread open to those who wish to just ramble as well. That said, I seem to be the rambler, here. Maybe "the whiner." I don't mean to come off as whiny. I just like to sit down and type for a while, and I don't want to just delete it afterwards. I want someone to read it, anyone, so that I might delude myself into thinking that how I felt matters to someone. I'm sure some people might consider what I feel to matter to them, but the fact of the matter is...I let it out a lot. After a while, anyone short of the most insanely patient person in the world would start going "OK, enough." I don't demand that sort of patience from anyone. I just want, when that patience is worn out, to be able to continue thinking what I feel matters, even though I know I am this quantum-particle in the fabric of the galaxy...to say nothing of the universe.

Being an atheist can be a bit depressing sometimes, eh?

Well, today's ramble isn't really a depressed one. Not compared to my others, at any rate. It's just...a ramble, really. Kind of aimless, though I have an idea where it'll start, at any rate.

Let's begin.

See, anyone who has seen how I look will describe me as a "goth" looking kind of guy. Yeah, that clothing style that some of the people in high school wore, with the leather outfits and the eye-makeup and the spikey collars and bracelets and the bondage pants. Most people grow out of it. I never did. It's not an attempt to be edgy or cool or "non-conformist." It's not an attempt to really be anything other than and outward reflection. They say clothing describes the person. "The clothes make the man" sort of thing. Some people feel comfortable in just jeans and a t-shirt. I just feel comfortable in black outfits, bondage pants adorned with chains, trench coats and, if I really feel vain, black nailpolish [gasp]. It's laid bare for others, in a sense; I have a taste for the darker things. I like dark storylines and settings, I like grim portrayals and topics. I like things that involve exploring, romanticizing, or even trivializing death. Not the acts of bringing death on others, but simply the cessation of our life-processes. I liked, if you can't guess, the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bridge, Paranorman...things like that. Not to say I don't like light-hearted and cheerful things, of course...just, my preferences tend to run towards the morbid more often. Additionally, I like to express a taste for the darker things in other aspects.

The darkness, after all, is mysterious. I like mystery, and intrigue [part of why I love science so much]. Dark things are seductive. The portrayal of forbidden, taboo exploits of the seductive have always trended towards the darkness and those that "turn from the light." The darkness embodies loss; so often do many without hope for an afterlife view death as darkness; the grim reaper, for example. Darkness is subtle, and dangerous. The most insidious of predators both of man and animal prowl the night rather than the day...think of the expression "cloak and dagger." So often in media, for good reason, are creatures (man and animal) of the dark considered beautiful, alluring...tempting towards doom not through overt means but through plots or trickery.

Most of all, darkness is a time of stillness, and quiet, and peace. During the night, most people sleep. The streets are often empty, the lights in houses and places of business are off, the ambient sounds of human activity are few and far in between. There is quiet in the night. Those who remain awake are often left to their own thoughts, given time to reflect. In sleep, we are often quiet, our minds idly puzzling and drifting through thoughts without any direction of our conscious awareness. Darkness is peaceful. In a world where everything is loud, and face-paced and in your face and brash and aggressive, the night brings quiet, a feeling of patience, a lack of bullshit from people and their egos. During the night, except for those on the nightshift, there is no need to struggle with the capitalist soul-grinder to make a living.

The pants, well...I like bondage. A girl who smirks and smiles as she takes to her knees and lets herself be tied up, who puts trust enough in me to let her restrict her physical motions and let me direct how everything goes is just fucking hot. It's an ego-boost and it's infatuating to know that they will surrender control to me, trusting me and expressing it in such a very clear, straightforward manner to lead her, not in life but in sensuality and sexuality, giving me the reigns and trusting that I have the skill to do what we both want with skill and talent and confidence. Despite that it should bring pressure to be more capable, it does not feel that way...it is difficult to feel pressured into succeeding when someone you really care about is willing to go to at LEAST that extent to show you they're that confident in you.

Not to mention I love the way Tripp pants feel. They barely touch your legs and they swish so very nicely while you walk, and they do this cool billowing thing, too, especially in the wind.

I like fishnets because...you know, I can't explain that one with absolute certainty. I like the way they feel and I think they kind of add to the rest of the expression...maybe it's because fishnets are associated with sexuality. I don't wear them on my legs, of course, I wear them on my arms, but still. It is, I think, an admittance to not being close-minded and immature about sex. I think it's an expression that I think sex is far more preferable to shooting and guns and stabbing and killing and bloodshed.

All this on top of the fact I have a close relationship with death. I've seen a lot of it. I've become familiar with it. I respect it, and I am confident enough in myself to admit; I respect it out of fear. It is a fearful respect, a knowledge that it is a force that will always be greater than me and everything I hold dear, and that someday, it may not be today, or tomorrow, or the day after...but someday, it will catch up with me, and on that day, I will have nowhere to run. I accept it...but I fear it all the same.

So, if clothing is an expression of self for others to see...my outfit should surprise no one. It is not an attempt to catch the eye, to try to come off as "non-conformity," or to seem "edgy" or "cool." Seriously, I know what people consider cool. If the gothic subculture was considered "cool" by society I think it'd be a LOT more prominent. It's laying out who I am, that I am not so self-conscious as to hide my personality from the world. So much of me is laid bare, in so many ways, because I do not fear peoples' opinions. I am not fearful of the opinions of others when I say I am sad to the point of crying uncontrollably. I am not fearful of people knowing I occasionally like to tie up a willing female partner and whip her across the ass while she squeals and begs me for another. I am not afraid of people knowing I am bipolar or a former heroin and coke junky. The words of the world around me don't scare me. My fears are much deeper, much more carnal, and much more horrifying, and I face them, where everyone else seems to just ignore them or try not to think about them or, in the case of the religious or "spiritually minded," delude themselves into thinking that it'll all be OK in the end and happiness will come eternal or there is a special place in the universe for the individual or the masses.

Even those fears are often laid bare, because it's not the people I share them with that I need to fear.

So I pull on my fishnet arm stockings and my bondage pants, I pull on a t-shirt with a logo or symbol or general embroidery of an interest or interests (after all, someone may share the interest and it is an invitation to share that interest!), I slip on Trenchy (yes, Trenchy, I nicknamed my trench coat, deal with it), pull on my black gothy combat boots, and I go outside and deal with people like anybody else does, in the same general ways anybody else does...unless it's the night-time in which case I'm just doing it for the sake of comfort, because when I look in a mirror, I see myself completed in visage, speaking to myself silently to remind myself who I am.

A guy who likes the quiet, the isolation from others, the concealment and stillness of the night, who openly acknowledges and faces death, and laughs at it, loves it, and fears it all at once in some strange triple contradiction. A guy who likes to dominate his sexual partners if they are so willing to accept that domination and control. A guy who is unafraid to express all of this to any who would inquire and/or wonder. A guy who is also self-conscious enough (yet honest enough) that he wants others to inquire and/or wonder.

I certainly don't dress like this for the booty.

Not too many girls I know that go for the gothic look.

Then again I don't overdo it, so...

Eh.

As I write this, I'm smoking a hookah. My hookah, by the way, is pretty cool. Brass skull where the tube is, brass plating all over it, weed-green accentuation, and green skull-and-crossbone motifs covering the water chamber. It's a cool little thing, styed more pirate-y than anything. I dig it. Smoking with some of those slow-burn stove-cooker coals. Coconut wood. Smells good. Shisha is Fantasia brand. Rainbow burst.

Stuff tastes like Fruit Loops. Mixed with the peppermint schnapps I'm drinking, it's really damn good.

Volunteered like usual this week. RCC on Monday and Thursday. Picked up the ladle at Salvation Army's soup kitchen of Dane County on Wednesday. Been wondering if I could start up a secular, non-profit soup kitchen to help out around here. Came to the conclusion that there's not enough of a humanist base around here to support such a thing.

Considering doing an outreach program of some kind to see if I can find any local humanists, see if we can come together and do something around here to help out.

Not enough humanists in the world. Too many atheists turn to nihilism and misanthropy.

Such pessimistic world-views. No offense to any nihilists on here, though I tend to take some ire towards misanthropists. As if we need any more reasons to hate each other as it is...a thousand thousand (not an accidental double-word) reasons as it is. Nationalism, sectarianism, racism, sexism, greed, power tripping...let's just add another one to the mix, shall we? Pile another problem onto the camel's back. Sighs.

"Such pain we cause the world," say the misanthropists. We, the sole creature on this planet with the power to hurt or help the environment in which we dwell...and misanthropists choose instead to abandon humanity as a lost cause, as if all we do is evil and destructive, when we have only been given such a short time to prove our worth. As if destiny itself has decreed we shall be the doombringer...even when our scientists and ecologists continue to find new ways to work with the world rather than against it, to find new ways to preserve that which our past ignorance almost destroyed, or what the fickle whims of nature has almost destroyed were it not for human intervention.

To be human is to err, but to be human is also to realize when one errs and to have the power to correct that error, and to work to make up for what we have done, for however much we see fit to do so.

Instead of hating all of humanity...try finding the ones doing good, and work with them to do good, and stop writing humanity off as a lost cause. We're a young species, and in our past we didn't know any better. Now we're beginning to know better. If you know better...DO better. Don't just lay blame everywhere and say it's inevitability of a species so varied in personality as ours is and give up. Giving up is for the weak of will. Giving up is for kids born with a silver spoon in their hand who lose their money and decide life suddenly isn't worth living.

Dyed my hair black over the last couple days.

Hasn't quite taken entirely on one side despite the second attempt.

Fuck you, L'Oreal.

Should've gotten a professional dye.

Bought a couple necklaces.

Had some spare money left over from a really, REALLY cool friend, who I will not name because I am not sure if they want me to or not, but they know who they are. Decided to buy something to boost my spirits.

[Image: J-HumCirPendSilv.png] 24" necklace of this.

[Image: P-AANecklaceS.png] 18" necklace for this.

That second one seem familiar? Wink Shades

That's enough for this ramble. I feel more relaxed now.

Feel free to ramble, yourselves. It's therapeutic.

I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with you.

(I didn't read your post).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4140 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Creed's Corner: A Collection of the Morbid, Mysterious, and Mrandom Creed of Heresy 110 15227 April 11, 2015 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Creed sven 5 1524 April 26, 2014 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: sven
  Putting Creed's Humanism Back thesummerqueen 5 3152 December 19, 2012 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen