Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 5:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Philosophy of Salah/Daily Connection/Prayer
RE: The Philosophy of Salah/Daily Connection/Prayer
(April 9, 2015 at 6:35 pm)Surgenator Wrote: No, objective goodness is delusional.G oodness itself is not a delusion. Goodness is a set of rules a society agrees to follow for their benefit.

So if a society agree rape is good (for example, the army of the mongols), then it's good, because it benefits them? If a society decide to conquer another nation for goods or spice, it's then good? Also society teaches goodness has an objective goodness, so they have decided it's objective. If a society decides you must worship a pantheon of gods, it's good to do so?

Quote: If there was some objective good, then everyone would be able to agree on what is good.

What's your proof of that? It seems to me to be like an unsupported assertion and misses out on one of the realities of goodness is coming in line with objective goodness as much as possible with our own degree of sight and judgement.

And as for preaching, I went and read the rules, it said you want to tell others you are going to hell or preach them to like that, then it's not good. If you want to share your ideas, then it's fine.

I'm just sharing my understanding of Salah, and welcome comments on what people think of it. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Philosophy of Salah/Daily Connection/Prayer - by MysticKnight - April 9, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to pray based on the Quran alone: prayer in Islam as I understand it WinterHold 69 14637 December 21, 2019 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Du'a Nudba (The prayer of sadness) Mystic 13 1920 October 7, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  A poem of Salah I wrote back some years ago: Mystic 3 2582 April 4, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  What is the islamic philosophy regarding toys? Ciel_Rouge 8 5154 October 28, 2012 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Kane