Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the islamic philosophy regarding toys?
What is the islamic philosophy regarding toys?
I suppose the Muslim members of the forum could easily answer this question which would be highly appreciated. I do realize it may appear a little odd but I do not recall this matter raised anywhere and I am simply curious.

Does Islam accept the use of erotic toys by men or women? If so, what kind? If not, what is the theological basis behind it?
RE: What is the islamic philosophy regarding toys?
I wouldn't know about Sunni hadiths, but in Shia hadiths, masturbation is forbidden.

Also, I think many Sunni Scholars forbid it on the basis of a verse that goes on the line that the righteous believers private parts are protected except from their wives and whom their right hands possess.
I have already done a bit of research and found out that some muslim religious authorities allow masturbation when someone fears he would commit fornication or as a last resort to widows or something. I have once seen a Muslim guy on this forum, I wonder when he will read this.
Yeah some sunni scholars do allow it.
(October 19, 2012 at 11:32 pm)Ciel_Rouge Wrote: I have already done a bit of research and found out that some muslim religious authorities allow masturbation when someone fears he would commit fornication or as a last resort to widows or something. I have once seen a Muslim guy on this forum, I wonder when he will read this.

As soon as he finishes jerkin' his gherkin?
(October 19, 2012 at 11:12 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I wouldn't know about Sunni hadiths, but in Shia hadiths, masturbation is forbidden.

Confusedhock:No wonder they are so uptight.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 19, 2012 at 10:25 pm)Ciel_Rouge Wrote: Does Islam accept the use of erotic toys by men or women? If so, what kind? If not, what is the theological basis behind it?

Are you thinking about updating your world view? Big Grin
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(October 19, 2012 at 10:25 pm)Ciel_Rouge Wrote: I suppose the Muslim members of the forum could easily answer this question which would be highly appreciated. I do realize it may appear a little odd but I do not recall this matter raised anywhere and I am simply curious.

Does Islam accept the use of erotic toys by men or women? If so, what kind? If not, what is the theological basis behind it?

Well, I'm trying to guess what you mean by "erotic toys".
Say, fleshlights, vibrators and the like.
Fleshlights are essentially synthetic vaginas, while vibrators are things that resemble male sexual organs.
Under that context, I believe that it should fall under the category of fornication for unmarried people, and adultery for married people, but I'm fairly certain that it's use does not have the same weight as doing it with a real person, for it involves a single person at the end.
In all, it comes down to what Islamic schools of thought wrote about masturbation.

But I don't really recall anything that relates to any "toys" in religious islamic literature, but such toys have been probably in use throughout the islamic world, historically, as they have been in use throughout most of the eastern world, like India and China.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
There's a Hadith says لعن الله ناكح يده

which means : Allah will curse that who fucks his hand

I don't know about the toys ... I'll have to look that up
You're a Drop in The Rain ... Just a Number not a Name
and You won't see It ... You don't believe It
at The End of The Day ... You're a Needle in The Hay
You signed and sealed It ... and Now You gotta deal with It

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do Islamic theologians study the Bible in countries where Hebrew is illegal? FlatAssembler 10 976 August 12, 2023 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Rainbow Invite the people of the world to attack the Islamic religion Eclectic 9 1261 December 14, 2022 at 11:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why "Jihad" martyrdom is important in Islamic faith? AniKoferBo 13 1414 January 6, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Islamic prophet's foreknowledge of the Terfeziaceae's health benefits R00tKiT 29 2674 July 4, 2021 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  When was Sunni Islamic hadiths first translated to English Sweden83 1 578 December 4, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sudan ends 30 years of Islamic Law Foxaèr 34 5906 September 9, 2020 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7787 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Females are less intelligent than men according to authentic Sunni islamic hadith Binki21 9 1318 November 22, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Refuting the book "Islamic government" (series of lectures of Khomeini) Mystic 17 3021 October 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Islamic apologetic i recommend Inrid 9 1764 October 20, 2018 at 7:41 am
Last Post: LastPoet