Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 8:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Does Being An Atheist Actually Entail? (Theism in mind)
RE: What Does Being An Atheist Actually Entail? (Theism in mind)
To be an atheist requires absolutely nothing more than the rejection of God claims. Anything else is down to the individual atheist, so shouldn't be assumed. It may be the case that many atheists are sceptics, but it's not correct to equate the two.

For example, I may believe in ghosts, fairies, the bogey man, think science is utter rubbish and a conspiracy, think the Big Bang is wrong and the universe has existed infinitely long into the past in pretty much the state it is in now. And I may also not believe there is a god. So I'm an atheist.

Also, rejecting the God claim is not the same as claiming there is no God. For a further explanation, please check this out:

http://robvalue.wix.com/atheism#!what-is-atheism/c57k
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Does Being An Atheist Actually Entail? (Theism in mind) - by robvalue - April 28, 2015 at 1:43 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something that has been on my mind dyresand 24 3588 December 4, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Atheism/Theism and Left/Right Brain? bambi_swag 11 4595 October 4, 2015 at 7:24 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Whoops....Never Mind. Minimalist 1 995 October 17, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Mind reading is here people! downbeatplumb 3 1314 February 2, 2012 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas