Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something that has been on my mind
Something that has been on my mind
Let's say the universe reaches it's equilibrium and finally nothing exists from a material standpoint wouldn't 
that state itself be a paradox itself being a matterless state yet be active on the quantum level. Even then entropy
i can flow in reverse and with a large time span eventually you would have second big bang and or even 
expansion flowing in reverse. So yeah that was pretty much on my mind.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Something that has been on my mind
Yes, but why is it a paradox that it would be matterless yet active on a quantum level? Concerning the second part, to the extent that I understand your garbled sentence, yes, people seriously consider such possibilities. "Return" times in which Entropy could reverse by itself are however unimaginably long, and in an exponentially expanding universe they are probably even infinite. If for some reason dark energy broke down, we could have a big crunch sooner, though...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Why would it be matterless?
Where would the matter/energy go?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 27, 2015 at 3:32 am)ignoramus Wrote: Why would it be matterless?
Where would the matter/energy go?

Two things: it would get arbitrarily dilute for one. Radiation will befall yet another fate, namely it is redshifted away. The energy *content* of the universe is therefore not conserved, precisely because of the redshift. One can think of it as energy going "into the geometry" though, and if one includes curvature as an energy form (roughly speaking), one can argue that the total is conserved again. But the energy content of matter and radiation alone isn't.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

how long have I got doc?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Your molecules will be crushed into a singularity in 10^20 years. Tops. So go on with that bucket list...

But #1 on my bucket list WAS to have my molecules crushed by a singularity? Make it #10 you reckon?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 27, 2015 at 7:41 am)ignoramus Wrote: But #1 on my bucket list WAS to have my molecules crushed by a singularity? Make it #10 you reckon?

Yeah, unless all your remaining items were "getting my remains Hawking-radiated", I would finetune the order some more...

The dilution gets really extremely.

The universe is expanding at the speed of light in all directions, and is bloating itself into nonexistence.

Also, as it gets bigger, it is cooling off (stars are just an extremely temporary phenomena) and the cooling effect will do strange things too. When whatever little bit of matter is left eventually gets cold enough, it gets 'blurry'. (Bose-Einstein Condensate)

There is essentially no limit to the blurriness. If it gets cold enough (and it will) even a tiny particle of matter like an electron will smear out over an enormous volume, like much bigger than the current size of the universe. And that will continue, it would enlarge from there too.

Virtual particles become irrelevant, there being nothing (like a blackhole) to effectuate their existence. No energy fields to imbue them with existence.

We're fucked. Totally fucked. The expansion of the universe will destroy it. Utterly and totally.

I'd recommend an orgy, while there is still time.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Some physicists are now suggesting that perhaps it's possible to get a whole Universe from nothingness. The concept is that when antimatter and matter meet, they annihilate each other, so the same process is potentially reversible. Supposedly, absolute "nothing" is very unstable, meaning if you get enough of it in one place, it could hypothetically rip into a whole shit-ton of matter, antimatter, and energy.

What this leaves me wondering is this: can the Universe become so diluted that it leaves "nothing" behind, allowing another Universe to sprout up in its wake?
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something/nothing/forever and cycles. Brian37 12 963 April 2, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Something Star Trek Missed onlinebiker 44 3471 May 26, 2019 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Evolution has been observed recently blue grey brain 16 1484 December 1, 2018 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Something to Look Forward To, Perhaps Minimalist 16 3935 May 7, 2018 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Where did science originally come from ? Something Unusual maybe ? Thomas Kelly252525 333 29662 July 9, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why groups of people can remember something that didn't happen GrandizerII 4 1571 January 4, 2016 at 7:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Who Knows. Might Find Something. Minimalist 10 3343 October 25, 2015 at 2:51 pm
  Some shit we've been waiting for abaris 19 3549 May 1, 2015 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  What Does Being An Atheist Actually Entail? (Theism in mind) gomlbrobro 47 5711 April 30, 2015 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Something to Look Forward to Minimalist 22 3518 November 12, 2014 at 3:43 pm