Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 11:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biblical Prayer Contradictions
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions
(June 20, 2015 at 1:35 am)Salacious B. Crumb Wrote:
Quote: Why would it make me a hypocrite and,  and because as you say I'm not a hypocrite in this matter isn't that a good thing. The Koran does have bad things in it, what all they are I do not know. The Bible records many bad things, why, because they happened, of many we have proof.

Quote:You, by spending time running the koran into the ground with smears of the bad things contained it, would make you a hypocrite because there are many bad things in the bible as well, so that’s why you shouldn’t smear it. Say, if you attacked the koran for calling for the death of non-believers evil, but ignored the fact in the bible, that your moral god tells you that you can beat your slaves, to me, that’s hypocritical. You’re ignoring the bad parts in your book, and attacking the bad parts in the koran. I’m not accusing you, I’m giving you an example.

You and I are seeing bad in different ways, I'm speaking of all the disobedience of man toward God, the sin committed against Him. Adam, Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Israel the man and nation, David, Samson, the prophets the disciples, Paul and ect. What you see as bad are things you as an unbeliever can't understand, they are greater spiritual purposes that lay behind much that seem bad to you. I do not run down the Koran because I do not need to, it in the end will do that on it's own. By the way I do not ignore any passage in the Bible each are important to me.

Quote:Care to prove this claim, I'll be interest to see the proof you have against my knowing. In the NT the scriptures teach that we can know, it does this more than once, how many times, I am not sure, what I'm sure of is it does teach we can know, it's taught by Jesus and Paul.

Quote:Yeah, why not, it’s quite easy, actually. We can’t prove many of the stories in the bible, they are just that, stories.

Don't you mean you can't have the proof that you require, I have the truth of it from God, they are all true. If we were to take the proof you need and apply it to ancient history we would have to throw away most of it as fable. There's no poof that a man named William Shakespeare wrote the things that have that name upon them. Does that make the work worthless, I think not, but you decide for yourself. There has been ancient history confirmed by the scriptures, even a black Pharaoh. Where's your proof they are not as you say?

[quote pid='969284' dateline='1434778553']

Quote: So, what you claim to know about these stories to be true, the burden of proof is on you to prove that they’re true, until then they’re just wild, outlandish beliefs. I’ll be interested to hear the proof of all these insane stories in the bible, and how you have proved them to be true.

In actuality I do not need to prove them, just as I do not need to prove all the ancient history to be true, the history we accept as truth. As I said above if we were to apply your standards we could throw much of it out. I accept them as real, no one has shown me why I shouldn't.

Quote:As I’ve said, the bible, the koran, the vedas, etc. are just books that contain stories written by man, and they haven’t been proven true. I don’t know how you’re going to prove to me that Adam and Eve were the first humans, or how you’re going to prove that Jonah had a sleepover in a whale, or how you’re going to prove that jesus is the son of god, but I’m listening.

True, all but the Bible was penned by man from his own mind and heart, the Bible had a guiding mind, the Holy Spirit.

I haven't the proof you're looking for, they all came by the supernatural hand of God, I know they are true and real and in the end that's what matters to my life. You'll have to deal with those things in your way and if you get it wrong you've wasted an entire life.

Quote:because God has revealed to many Christians the Bible is the only truth from Him to mankind.

Quote:Proof? ..or I’ll settle for decent evidence. And why many christians? Why not everyone? Does god want people to burn in hell, is that why he doesn't reveal the 'truth' to everyone?

Come where I live and I'll introduce you to thousands of Christians and you can ask them for yourself, I'm confident you will get an answer you want like.

Why not everyone, this is easy. Faith, it starts with faith and if you knew what was within the pages of the Bible you would have known this, truths come through our faith we have in Christ, without faith God's not going to reveal His wonder to you. I and all Christians accepted this and because we have we have seen God's truth.

In the NT God says He desires that no one be lost and sacrificed his Son so that might happen. Through his Son only can one be redeemed and again if you had read the NT to understand it you would have known this. Reading something only to find fault in it want bring you knowledge from what you seek to destroy in your life. God's given you the chance to be redeemed unto his Holy Self, it took the first steps now it's your turn and He is waiting patiently on you.

Quote:The Bible does claim to be a book about God and the relationship man can have with Him. We call this a spiritual book. It does make the claim to be a book of absolute truth inspired by God, written by man, with the guidance from the Holy Spirit. We call this a book to be taken seriously. The Bible claims to be a book of spiritual teaching, teachings that will better a mans life above what he believes he can accomplish on his own, I'm a living example of this.

Quote:I would agree, they are claims, and that’s it. I don’t understand how people can believe them.

Of coarse you don't believe them, how can you. You do not know God and because you do not you haven't been able to know God's wisdom revealed through a relationship with Him.

Quote:Practically everyone claims to have this relationship with their own version of god, but I don’t believe them. I believe that they actually think this, but I think they’re having a relationship with a character in their own mind, since this god doesn’t want to appear to everyone, just a few people, ..and we’re supposed to believe these claims? Smart people shouldn’t be this gullible.

I can't speak for people in other religions and want, I do know that God says there is no other God but him and I believe this because He's proven himself to me. No other gods have ever contacted me in any way, the God of creation moved me beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Again you want proof before faith and God doesn't work that way, so you can forget that happening. If He hasn't yet one day He will invite you to come into faith with Christ, then it will be up to you what you do with the invitation. There are several parables Jesus used to teach this very message. Being a smart person and a Christian doesn't make one gullible, Christians believe that many a smart person has become gullible to Satan's lies.

Quote:On this we agree, actually only one religion is true out of the thousands. It's established by God for man and taught through the OT and NT.

Quote:Again, Proof?? Any strong evidence to suggest there is something to these stories, besides them being written in a book, and the fact that you think you have a relationship with god? J.K. Rawlings says Harry Potter does magic, and I don’t believe it. Just because it’s written in a book or because it’s on a T.V. screen doesn’t make the story of him completely true. I could claim that he is my god, and I have a relationship with him, but would never say that I know this for sure.

J.K. Rawlings says that Harry Potter is a fictional character, end of story. Of coarse you wouldn't say it for sure there's no doubt Harry's a fictional character, if you were to say you knew it for sure I would definitely worry about you and so would many others here.

Here's a fact for you, I know without doubt that God is real, that his Son Jesus Christ is real and lived and die as a man and was resurrected, I know Jesus was born a virgin, I know the entire Bible is truth and I know I'm redeemed because I believe in Jesus through the faith God has given me. No doubts, no regrets, I live in the unimaginable joy of God and have been given the Holy Spirit to guide my life.

Quote:—Evolution, I’m not even wasting my time. You can go on google, type in transitional fossils, and you have a plethora of evidence that you can look at. Real evidence, showing change over time. Not claims written in a book, with nothing real to show for the crazy ass claims. You can accept them or just be ignorant, that’s your choice. Don’t be dishonest and say there no transitions. You can actually look at skulls side by side and see transitional change. You admit, that there is small change that’s been observed, why not over millions of years, could such a large change happen within all these tiny changes from generation to generation? There are facts out there, if you choose to accept them.

Transitional fossils, they are what a man decided them to be, no proof. There's nothing to suggest change over time except for what man wants to read into fossils, there is no proof at all, you're accepting something someone's told you, no one has proven anything because they do not have what it would take to have proof. They would have had to live all those years and witnessed everything going on, time has taken away anything that could be proof, lost forever. Why not over years, because DNA can not add to itself, it's a vast but fixed code that can make small changes for the survival of an (anything), but never to rewrite itself to become something else.

Quote:—As for superstitions, I have none that I’m aware of, but will be happy to listen to people who know me, and I’d happily correct them. I use to avoid walking under ladders when I was religious, and then realized how ridiculous that was, because some goof made it up, just like the religion I was following. I realized how stupid it was, and I stopped believing in it. That’s what honest, open-minded people do, they see something wrong that they’re doing/believing, and they take steps to correct those issues.

How do you know you were wrong, what made you decide you were wrong, I know it couldn't be because you investigated the Bible openly and honestly, why, because you've shown me you know very little about what the Bible says. You tell me the Bible has numerous contradictions and when one is brought up and I explain it, you avoid even talking about it let lone trying to show me through what the Bible says I'm wrong. Not once have you tried to show me I'm in error. Closed minded people attack a book to destroy it, open minded people read it to find if it contains truth.

Quote:What's the use in studying other religions, they are all based on superstition, you admitted to this earlier, they are useless in the greater scheme of God's plan for mankind

Quote:Yeah, I’m kind of curious why you’re still in your man-made superstition. I guess you still believe that it isn’t a superstition/religion, and that it’s true. Also, it’s not useless, because that was a step in my de-conversion. I saw similarities in previous religions regarding christianity. I saw that the immaculate conception was not an original story,

I didn't say that a virgin birth wasn't a story told before the birth of Christ, I say it's the only story about a virgin birth that's true and that can't be copied, as you said yourself all the stories before were not true and why, because only the omniscient and omnipotent God of creation could have made this kind of birth possible.

Quote:I saw how many people were claiming to be savior and the son of god during the time of jesus and claiming to do miracles, I saw how raising someone from the dead wasn't an original story, I saw the water into wine and walking on water wasn’t an original story either, etc.

I do not know if these stories were told before Christ, what I do know is in Christ they are true, they actually happened. If the stories were told about someone else in past history they didn't happen and this is what separates the stories.

Quote:I saw how christianity just adopted jewish tradition, and added things to it. I saw how the jewish faith copied things from sumerian myths. I saw how after christianity, that muslims adopted many of the stories from the old testament, and took jesus as a prophet, and tweaked the story a little bit and added to it, to make it their own islam faith. You can actually look at the evolution of religion over time too, and see how it slowly changes with new stories, information, or with modern morality. It helps to look at this with an open mind, or you’re just going to keep making arguments from ignorance over and over again.

You have missed on the whole picture of God's plan, it was never about Jewish tradition, nor was it about the Jewish people. From the first, starting in the 3rd chapter of Genesis it was about God redeeming mankind, to save us from our own selfishness, despair, hopelessness and ect. God's not Jewish and his people didn't start out as Jews, He chose to make the Jewish nation to reveal His plan of redemption to the world. I'm not going to get into the whole theology of how and why God made and worked through the nation of Israel, to much time, to many words and thoughts to organize. For your sake I'm going to say, If the Bible is right in all it says then nothing can predate what it says, all the others could have only copied through the stories told over time what the Bible says.

GC
[/quote]
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Salacious B. Crumb - May 11, 2015 at 12:36 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by downbeatplumb - May 11, 2015 at 12:38 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - May 11, 2015 at 12:46 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by vorlon13 - May 11, 2015 at 12:59 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - May 11, 2015 at 1:00 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Minimalist - May 11, 2015 at 1:13 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by zebo-the-fat - May 11, 2015 at 1:33 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Pyrrho - May 11, 2015 at 1:39 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by vorlon13 - May 21, 2015 at 11:52 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Chad32 - May 21, 2015 at 12:08 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by vorlon13 - May 11, 2015 at 2:34 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Drich - May 21, 2015 at 10:04 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Drich - May 22, 2015 at 5:53 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Drich - May 26, 2015 at 9:19 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Drich - May 27, 2015 at 1:16 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Drich - May 28, 2015 at 8:52 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Ravenshire - June 13, 2015 at 9:50 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Drich - May 28, 2015 at 10:03 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by vorlon13 - May 28, 2015 at 10:00 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Minimalist - May 28, 2015 at 2:24 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 12, 2015 at 11:56 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Minimalist - June 12, 2015 at 1:18 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 13, 2015 at 11:47 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 13, 2015 at 12:11 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by vorlon13 - June 13, 2015 at 11:43 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 14, 2015 at 4:34 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Cato - June 13, 2015 at 10:04 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by robvalue - June 13, 2015 at 3:22 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Ravenshire - June 13, 2015 at 10:26 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by CapnAwesome - June 13, 2015 at 10:34 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 14, 2015 at 4:45 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Ravenshire - June 14, 2015 at 8:34 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 14, 2015 at 11:07 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by vorlon13 - June 14, 2015 at 9:38 am
Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by KUSA - June 14, 2015 at 10:37 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Minimalist - June 14, 2015 at 9:20 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 15, 2015 at 1:31 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 15, 2015 at 3:45 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 15, 2015 at 4:17 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 15, 2015 at 6:19 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 16, 2015 at 1:24 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 16, 2015 at 5:39 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 17, 2015 at 4:01 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 17, 2015 at 4:23 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 17, 2015 at 5:16 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Crossless1 - June 17, 2015 at 5:22 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 18, 2015 at 12:34 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 18, 2015 at 1:51 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 18, 2015 at 12:29 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 18, 2015 at 1:59 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 18, 2015 at 4:47 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 18, 2015 at 5:06 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 19, 2015 at 9:31 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 15, 2015 at 4:00 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by abaris - June 15, 2015 at 4:29 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Esquilax - June 15, 2015 at 5:53 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 15, 2015 at 6:31 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by abaris - June 15, 2015 at 6:34 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Minimalist - June 15, 2015 at 4:08 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 15, 2015 at 5:40 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Wyrd of Gawd - June 15, 2015 at 10:02 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 15, 2015 at 11:09 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 16, 2015 at 5:54 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Pyrrho - June 16, 2015 at 2:10 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by robvalue - June 16, 2015 at 1:21 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by robvalue - June 16, 2015 at 4:44 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 17, 2015 at 1:43 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Ravenshire - June 16, 2015 at 10:40 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by robvalue - June 17, 2015 at 4:04 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 17, 2015 at 4:50 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Crossless1 - June 18, 2015 at 12:39 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 18, 2015 at 12:13 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 18, 2015 at 1:20 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by The Grand Nudger - June 18, 2015 at 12:27 pm
Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by KUSA - June 18, 2015 at 2:03 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 18, 2015 at 4:49 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 18, 2015 at 4:50 pm
Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by KUSA - June 18, 2015 at 4:51 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 19, 2015 at 5:17 pm
Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by KUSA - June 18, 2015 at 4:53 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 19, 2015 at 5:26 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 20, 2015 at 12:21 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by TubbyTubby - June 19, 2015 at 3:42 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Pyrrho - June 19, 2015 at 5:25 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 20, 2015 at 1:08 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 27, 2015 at 1:53 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 20, 2015 at 3:27 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 22, 2015 at 2:16 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Pyrrho - June 22, 2015 at 11:35 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 22, 2015 at 4:58 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by robvalue - June 20, 2015 at 4:07 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by robvalue - June 20, 2015 at 5:51 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 22, 2015 at 2:22 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Anomalocaris - June 22, 2015 at 5:00 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 27, 2015 at 2:01 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Ravenshire - June 27, 2015 at 2:29 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by bennyboy - June 28, 2015 at 6:05 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 29, 2015 at 2:17 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 30, 2015 at 12:53 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Wyrd of Gawd - June 30, 2015 at 3:55 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 30, 2015 at 2:05 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Minimalist - June 30, 2015 at 2:30 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Cato - June 30, 2015 at 3:24 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by alfredomegar - July 4, 2015 at 4:03 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Minimalist - June 27, 2015 at 2:09 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Longhorn - June 28, 2015 at 6:11 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by robvalue - June 29, 2015 at 4:02 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by TubbyTubby - June 29, 2015 at 2:29 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by robvalue - June 30, 2015 at 1:44 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 30, 2015 at 2:34 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Minimalist - June 30, 2015 at 2:27 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by robvalue - June 30, 2015 at 4:10 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Godschild - June 30, 2015 at 2:24 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by Wyrd of Gawd - June 30, 2015 at 4:30 pm
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by alfredomegar - June 30, 2015 at 4:12 am
RE: Biblical Prayer Contradictions - by TubbyTubby - June 30, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On the lunacy of prayer slartibartfast 100 6110 October 12, 2021 at 12:17 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  Global Prayer To End Atheism Foxaèr 60 8072 August 25, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? android17ak47 65 8889 July 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  A prayer to God ... ignoramus 10 1142 May 3, 2019 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question about prayer. purplepurpose 27 6002 October 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  What do you think prayer is? vulcanlogician 44 6264 February 2, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: emjay
  When does biblical history begin ? possibletarian 59 22793 November 24, 2017 at 1:27 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer Foxaèr 431 128562 August 12, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 64863 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  The Biblical Account of the Creation - A new look RonaldMcRaygun 10 3016 March 31, 2017 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37