Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 6:47 am

Poll: Should atheists be grateful to the pope for his willingness to redeem us?
This poll is closed.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
74.19%
23 74.19%
Maybe
0%
0 0%
No opinion
3.23%
1 3.23%
Fuck all polls
22.58%
7 22.58%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful?
RE: "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful?
(July 18, 2015 at 11:42 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: The truth, is was through Jesus and his intercession, that people of his time, would be forgiven and saved from their evil. It's through him God would removed the afflictions on people, accept their prayers, and deeds, and raised their rank.

However  Jesus is not a god, but a human being who is exalted above humanity, like other Prophets, and had supernatural powers, due to his immense proximity with the absolute Life.

He was their Master (Lord only in that sense) and way to God for all those who became aware of it and even those not aware of the message, if they inclined to God, would of been guided in the unseen through his divine guidance and powers in the spiritual world through his light.

I understand you are not Christian, but I think you might find many Bible scriptures evidently point to Jesus's deity.
Wherever Jesus went, people were split between hating him for making "Himself equal with God" (John 5:18), or worshiped as only God can be worshiped (Isaiah 42:8). Jesus was 100% man and 100% God, who could not have acted as the ultimate sacrifice to forgive sin if He Himself had not been completely without sin, even from birth. He said:

"I and the father are one" (John 10:30).

"he that hath seen me hath seen the father" (John 14:9).

Jesus made it clear that He was "I AM" from the Old Testament. We can remember this famous verse, "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you" (Exodus 3:14). God told Moses both His real name (in Hebrew, I AM is the first-person derivation of YHWH), and alluded to that He never changes, He will always be as He was, that He is the beginning and the end, without origin. Jesus says this about Himself as well (Revelation 22:13).

One time, Jesus was asked, "Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?" Jesus replied, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:57,58). Angry, they tried to stone Him, but He escaped. Jesus was frequently accused of blasphemy because he forgave sins, and "who can forgive sins but God only?" (Mark 2:7). No one can forgive then except God. People gave a good reason to why they tried to stone Jesus, "For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God" (John 10:33). Jesus's deity is important, He even said, "if ye believe not that I am he [God], ye shall die in your sins" (John 8:24).

Thank you for reading all of this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? - by SamS - July 19, 2015 at 1:40 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus as Lord - why is this appealing to so many? KevinM1 307 32608 February 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Brazilian woman has spent years praying to Lord of the Rings doll Cyberman 41 5861 January 8, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Love the Lord your God with all your heart ? Angrboda 144 24144 June 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  "For the lord thy god is a jealous god among you." Socratic Meth Head 52 9261 June 8, 2016 at 10:10 am
Last Post: RozKek
  Reach a lost and dying world for the Lord Jesus Christ.. TubbyTubby 30 6870 March 16, 2015 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Pastor: Sometimes you have to punch kids for the lord. Faith No More 63 20058 January 12, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism? Greatest I am 20 5148 December 2, 2014 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  "I prayed to the Lord and God said ‘Open up a pot shop'" null--69 5 2318 February 27, 2014 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Proof of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ Almighty FlyingNarwhal 2 2016 June 15, 2013 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  Lord Carey attacks PM over Christian 'support' Darwinian 6 2926 March 30, 2013 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist