Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nationalism and secularism
RE: Nationalism and secularism
(April 18, 2012 at 9:13 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(April 18, 2012 at 7:06 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Did you ever have to explain anything to an inferior human being?

Human beings more inferior than him, yet still possessing the power of language, would be hard to find.

The norwegian jackal that slaughtered 77 of his own country's youth so as to protect the culture of his own country from the influences of foreign elements might be one.

Breivik did that to compel copycats to surface, maybe. I would have chosen a different target, like a newspaper, or a higher ranking politician.
But he especially targeted teenagers(with norwegians amongst them), to perhaps get the public's attention more than usually. In a country like Norway, this should make head news practically every day, I guess.
Quote:Did you ever have to explain anything to an inferior human being?
Yes, of course.

Quote:Which is convenient, because you are incapable of doing so anyway. You cant throw a rock and not hit an irish bar where I live.
And this qualifies you as culturally Irish, I guess. Pffft. There are döner shops all around in Berlin. Yet most Turks are sadly ignorant about their culture. They just call themselves Turks, but a few generations later, I'm sure that will vanish aswell. This is the way things work. Multiculturalism is a dead street. Every country seeks to unite it's citizens under a common culture.
The fact that you have irish pubs doesn't change that fact.

Quote:You know what you have to go out looking for though? Britney spears albums.
Why? Do you really like her songs? I'm sure a torrent search would do you better.
Quote:I know, I know, it;s just so unbelievable! Maybe because you don't know wtf you're talking about....again.
It is, actually. It baffles me why someone would want to buy an album of that poor sod.
But I certainly know what I'm talking about.
Quote:Hey, I'm a Turk living in America, so we're kin too right? A turk is a turk is a turk isn't he, regardless of where he may be, or how far his family has wandered?
If you were a Turk, I would treat you as my kin.
But if you were not a Turk, I would not.
If you had foreign blood within your veins, that it would taint your ethnic consciousness, say, within the last two-three generations, I would not consider you to be a Turk, even if you came before me and recited the Orkhun inscriptions in full.
To be a Turk, requires you to have a single, full ethnic conscience, and a full Turkish blood from each of your parents.
Quote:Might it be possible that your stance with regards to geography is one you have assumed so that you might be able to claim that some folks in Turkey just arent "turkish enough" to be called turks.
No. There are people who are Turks, there are people who are not Turks.
For example, Circassians are not Turks. Tatars, on the other hand, are Turks. Nogais, are Turks. Turkmen are Turks. Turks living in Iran, as their name implies, are Turks.
Azerbaijanis, are Turks.
Really, there isn't much to be said about this.

And well, there are people, whom I call ethnic minorities, that are not Turks. Ask them, and they will tell you that they are not Turks. Who am I to claim that they are? I am not a communist to force an identity on the top of another. I'm no communist to suggest cultural assimilation.
This country is not America, that we claim others to be Turks while they're not. Sadly, the past of our country has seen such attempts, all failures, that we know that the assimilation of minorities is impossible.
They are also very keen on preserving their own blood-it's rare I come across any mixed blood people, and those who I come across typically showcase the characteristics that you exhibit. The hostility towards the concept of pure blood, the hostility towards the concept of Turan, the hostility towards Turks from other geographical locations(i.e. that our supposed real friends are our non-turkish geographical neighbors, which is a lie), hostility towards Turkish nationalists, all the while claiming to be "nationalists" themselves. I don't know how one can be a nationalist, while damning everything related to that nation. Their nationalism mostly close to patriotism, maybe. They are loyal to the country they live in, but not loyal to the people that constitute the majority of this country. And frankly, I don't expect much else from them. As long as they respect our rights of sovereignity, and do not push for their own national rights, I have no problem with ethnic minorities, or peoples of mixed ancestry.

Quote:Might it be possible that you have assumed this stance because to propose otherwise would force you to afford the same consideration to "inferior peoples" whom you have excluded on the basis of the very same justifications you offer for those who you have included? Might it be possible that in this regard, your argument is completely full of shit?
There is nothing else to assume. There is no such thing as "enough" or "not enough Turkish". You're either a Turk, or you're not. It's as simple as that, friend. Besides, to propose otherwise would generally nullify the idea of Turan, if I only considered the Turks that live in Turkey to be Turks, I'd be excluding the Turks that live outside of our borders.

But I'll just state this, the concept of accepting the Turks outside of Turkey of our own is a fundamental concept in our ideology. The founder of this ideology himself, was a Tatar Turk from Kazan, then, a part of Czarist Russia. I, myself, come from a family of immigrants from Crimea and Balkans, and were not natives of the present day Turkey. Our founder, Atatürk, was born in the Balkans, and was not native to present day Turkey.
However, this was the beauty of our country. Turks from all across the globe could come here for sanctuary, as it was the only free Turkish soil that was left at the end of the WWI.
For that piece we have fought, for that piece we have died.
As a Turkmen proverb states: "Birlik barda, tirlik bar!"
Where there is unity, there is strength. This unity shall be amongst all Turks in the world. Into a single, powerful nation. Then we will strive to be the greatest amongst all nations.
And I know that we will succeed, as our founder Atatürk states:"The strength you need is present within the noble blood that flows in your veins!".
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Messages In This Thread
Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 15, 2012 at 2:28 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Tobie - April 15, 2012 at 2:46 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 15, 2012 at 3:05 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Reforged - April 15, 2012 at 2:50 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Tobie - April 15, 2012 at 3:18 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 15, 2012 at 3:49 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Tobie - April 15, 2012 at 5:10 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 16, 2012 at 4:53 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Tobie - April 16, 2012 at 5:07 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by frankiej - April 16, 2012 at 6:50 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 16, 2012 at 6:26 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Tobie - April 17, 2012 at 12:00 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 17, 2012 at 12:54 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Tobie - April 17, 2012 at 4:28 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 17, 2012 at 4:48 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Tobie - April 17, 2012 at 5:06 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 17, 2012 at 5:33 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 17, 2012 at 6:16 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 17, 2012 at 6:46 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 17, 2012 at 6:51 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 17, 2012 at 7:05 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 17, 2012 at 7:17 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 17, 2012 at 7:29 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 18, 2012 at 9:38 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 18, 2012 at 10:00 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 18, 2012 at 10:31 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 18, 2012 at 10:42 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 18, 2012 at 10:56 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 18, 2012 at 11:59 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 18, 2012 at 12:15 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 18, 2012 at 1:01 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 18, 2012 at 1:16 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 18, 2012 at 6:01 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 18, 2012 at 6:04 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 18, 2012 at 6:17 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 18, 2012 at 6:20 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 18, 2012 at 6:46 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 18, 2012 at 7:06 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Anomalocaris - April 18, 2012 at 9:13 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 19, 2012 at 5:44 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Creed of Heresy - April 19, 2012 at 7:27 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 19, 2012 at 8:40 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 19, 2012 at 8:44 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 19, 2012 at 8:53 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 19, 2012 at 9:05 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 19, 2012 at 12:21 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Creed of Heresy - April 20, 2012 at 9:11 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 19, 2012 at 6:20 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 19, 2012 at 6:46 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Creed of Heresy - April 20, 2012 at 7:36 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 20, 2012 at 1:21 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by Creed of Heresy - April 21, 2012 at 7:12 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 21, 2012 at 11:17 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 22, 2012 at 10:46 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 22, 2012 at 9:05 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 22, 2012 at 11:53 am
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by kılıç_mehmet - April 22, 2012 at 1:41 pm
RE: Nationalism and secularism - by The Grand Nudger - April 22, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Agree/Disagree: is nationalism bad NuclearEnergy 10 2249 December 26, 2016 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Secularism.. lifesagift 12 2339 January 18, 2015 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: lifesagift
  On the logic of nationalism kılıç_mehmet 49 7276 January 29, 2014 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Battle around secularism in the Arab world? Something completely different 13 4090 August 19, 2013 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  China's nationalism mutating into aggression Creed of Heresy 23 8332 July 5, 2013 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  What is secularism for you? Something completely different 4 1409 January 18, 2013 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: jonb
  What really really constitutes secularism. kılıç_mehmet 11 5500 May 19, 2012 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Secularism petition (for UK members) groovydude89 7 2690 September 19, 2011 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Secularity and Secularism explained. Paul the Human 3 1666 April 21, 2010 at 5:16 am
Last Post: fr0d0