Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 2:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secularism petition (for UK members)
Secularism petition (for UK members)
This e-petition may be of interest to the British members of this forum:

Quote:Separate the Church from the State

This petition calls for the Dis-Establishment of the Church of England, the end of the Bishops' automatic seat in the House of Lords, the removal of religious ceremony from our Government institutions and the end of State-subsidised faith schools. There should be no State-sanctioned religious privilege.

If the petition receives in excess of 100,000 signatures before its closing date, it will be eligible for debate in Parliament.
RE: Secularism petition (for UK members)
I just signed it.

Good call posting that.
Cunt
(September 19, 2011 at 8:40 am)groovydude89 Wrote: This e-petition may be of interest to the British members of this forum:

Quote:Separate the Church from the State

This petition calls for the Dis-Establishment of the Church of England, the end of the Bishops' automatic seat in the House of Lords, the removal of religious ceremony from our Government institutions and the end of State-subsidised faith schools. There should be no State-sanctioned religious privilege.

If the petition receives in excess of 100,000 signatures before its closing date, it will be eligible for debate in Parliament.
Cos the seperation of church and state worked so well in america eh!

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 19, 2011 at 2:41 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Cos the seperation of church and state worked so well in america eh!
It actually kinda did. The people are more religious, sure, but when you look at how much religion gets into actual law, the differences are noticeable.

No part of Congress has unelected members of the clergy in permanent positions, for example.
Americans are lucky it's a secular state, imagine what the GOP arseholes would do if it wasnt!
(September 19, 2011 at 2:51 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Americans are lucky it's a secular state, imagine what the GOP arseholes would do if it wasnt!

If Bachman gets in we wont have to imagine for long.Undecided

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

i Can't sign that i'm not from the uk but you have my full support
I too would sign if I could. Getting religion out of ANYTHING is usually a massive step towards enlightenment and overall fulfillment in life.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Petition to abolish the Electoral College Foxaèr 44 1622 October 19, 2020 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Q: For US politically acute members. Gawdzilla Sama 7 807 April 25, 2017 at 7:27 am
Last Post: Jeanne
  Petition: second referendum for leaving the EU robvalue 37 4228 June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Secularism.. lifesagift 12 2289 January 18, 2015 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: lifesagift
  Petition Elskidor 18 2631 July 7, 2014 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  [UK] petition to stop FGM pocaracas 4 1562 November 14, 2013 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Darth
  Battle around secularism in the Arab world? Something completely different 13 4043 August 19, 2013 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Petition officials of Colorado district to stop discrimating against trans kids Mystical 21 7758 April 3, 2013 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is secularism for you? Something completely different 4 1394 January 18, 2013 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: jonb
  Here Petition Against the right to petition. JohnDG 2 1111 January 10, 2013 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Tiberius