Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Freeman on Morning Joe just now.
Morgan Freeman on Morning Joe just now.
Morning Joe is the morning show on MSNBC, Freeman was a guest just now.

It was a mixed bag for me. Freeman has a diplomatic nature in public and a soft tone personality with the public. So it seemed while he interjected his atheism with "Did we invent god?" He did not directly say "I don't believe".

He promoted the Science Channel, which I liked. I hope that channel doesn't go corporate and sell garbage like "History" does.

But he did postulate some woo that did give me a lip twitch. To the question of "can we live forever" and he said "maybe".

No I think that is going to far in a couple of respects. EVEN if WE get to the point of being able to replicate organs to the point of replacing them, atoms still have a shelf life. And has anyone ever tried fixing the same damned thing over and over. No matter how many times your fix the same thing, it still wears out over time.

BUT EVEN IF, you still have disease and violence not to mention the planet will die, so no, nothing lasts forever. I can see us evolving and creating medical technology to extend our lifespans, yes. But no, there will never be a "forever" for life or any object in the universe.

But agian the best part of that interview was "did we invent god?" YES YES YES YES YES YES YES! THANK YOU MORGAN!

Messages In This Thread
Morgan Freeman on Morning Joe just now. - by Brian37 - June 6, 2012 at 7:54 am
RE: Morgan Freeman on Morning Joe just now. - by Tempus - June 6, 2012 at 12:05 pm
RE: Morgan Freeman on Morning Joe just now. - by fr0d0 - June 6, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Mid-Morning Of Civilization BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1301 December 16, 2018 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Just now on Facebook....... Brian37 10 1529 September 6, 2018 at 9:18 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Church of morgan freeman dyresand 14 1993 November 1, 2014 at 12:49 am
Last Post: dyresand
  How I feel this morning vodkafan 11 2761 June 25, 2014 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Had an interview this morning... Mr. Moncrieff 55 10144 March 7, 2014 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Jackalope