Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How I feel this morning
How I feel this morning
I woke up this morning. The world is just as it was yesterday. Nothing bad happened as a result of not believing in god. Nothing was sent to punish me.
I didn't feel guilty about anything. Looking at the topics on this forum there are some things I don't know about that I wish I did, like how life and the universe was created, what time is. That would be cool to know those things but I don't need to know them to sail through my day. Life is full of good things. I don't need the religious baggage to weigh me down. Don't need a skydaddy and angels to guide me to be moral. When life has done with me, which I can reasonably expect is not going to be today, I know I will cease to exist and that's fine. Or maybe my mind will exist as a quantum possibility somewhere and that will be cool too....but I will be going where everybody else goes. I am not being judged.
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
RE: How I feel this morning
(June 24, 2014 at 2:39 am)vodkafan Wrote: I woke up this morning. The world is just as it was yesterday. Nothing bad happened as a result of not believing in god. Nothing was sent to punish me.
I didn't feel guilty about anything. Looking at the topics on this forum there are some things I don't know about that I wish I did, like how life and the universe was created, what time is. That would be cool to know those things but I don't need to know them to sail through my day. Life is full of good things. I don't need the religious baggage to weigh me down. Don't need a skydaddy and angels to guide me to be moral. When life has done with me, which I can reasonably expect is not going to be today, I know I will cease to exist and that's fine. Or maybe my mind will exist as a quantum possibility somewhere and that will be cool too....but I will be going where everybody else goes. I am not being judged.

I don't think its feasible to expect yourself to be able to know everything about everything, including things such as universal origin and 'time'. After all, you're only human. What's better is an open mind to new information and the ability to disseminate the bullshit.

I've been an atheist my entire life. And my observation about my life vis the life of theists I know and that I'm friends with is that, more or less, our good and bad 'luck' is about the same. George Carlin was onto something when he said it doesn't really matter what you (don't) believe. The same things happen to theists as they do to atheists. It doesn't really appear to make any difference.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Please lie down on the couch and tell us what is really on your mind.
I will start by hazarding a guess and suggest that the red pill is wearing off.
Are you starting to question your belief in atheism?
If so, please know that it is the work of the de.......(shit, that's not gonna work)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 24, 2014 at 3:26 am)ignoramus Wrote: Are you starting to question your belief in atheism?

(partial quote)

Angry Mob
There it is again. Confusedigh:
I don't have a belief in atheism. Atheism is non belief . Why did folks think I was worried about anything? I was trying to get the point across that I WASN'T worried about anything . Life is good because I don't have to worry about a skydaddy. Guess people took it the wrong way.
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
Sorry guys, just a play on words...
I really really get it's not a belief!.... Relax...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 24, 2014 at 2:39 am)vodkafan Wrote: I woke up this morning. The world is just as it was yesterday. Nothing bad happened as a result of not believing in god. Nothing was sent to punish me.

So, now that you accept that there is no celestial judge to judge your deeds, you now feel that you want to become a drug addicted, raping serial killer...right?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(June 25, 2014 at 5:05 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: So, now that you accept that there is no celestial judge to judge your deeds, you now feel that you want to become a drug addicted, raping serial killer...right?

Well....I heard I should start with eating a baby..is that correct?
(June 25, 2014 at 6:56 pm)vodkafan Wrote:
(June 25, 2014 at 5:05 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: So, now that you accept that there is no celestial judge to judge your deeds, you now feel that you want to become a drug addicted, raping serial killer...right?

Well....I heard I should start with eating a baby..is that correct?

That's pretty advanced.

You should start with dining and dashing at your nearest Denny's first, then mugging old ladies, then.... a baby.

It's a progression....

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Mid-Morning Of Civilization BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1285 December 16, 2018 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  How do atheists feel about name days? Der/die AtheistIn 25 2860 November 30, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  How did u feel when you deconverted? Lebneni Murtad 32 5015 October 27, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people? WisdomOfTheTrees 93 14316 February 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  As a now 13 year old atheist I feel obligated to use 4chan ScienceAf 17 3571 December 30, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How do UK atheists feel about the Monarchy? drfuzzy 55 5868 November 14, 2016 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I feel a bit relieved. Little Rik 238 23827 July 5, 2016 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  I hate Church and still feel obligated to go dragonman73 20 4418 May 2, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Does anyone else feel like this? dyresand 21 3959 December 11, 2015 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Joods
  Did your former religion ever make you feel broken? Cecelia 19 5426 November 11, 2015 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: abaris