Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith
RE: 3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith
(March 27, 2013 at 11:07 am)Drich Wrote: Ah, no. God provides proof for all who simply Ask, Seek and Knock as out lined in Luke 11. If C.Hitch, you or anyone else did not get the proof Moses or Paul got it is because none of you A/S/K as described in luke 11.

Please share with everyone the undeniable proof god provided you?

Quote:Here I must point out morality is not the absolute standard you believe it to be. Morality is man's standard, not God's. God's standard is absolute righteousness, which by it's nature will be different from man's ideas of morality. For man knew from the exit of the Garden he could not maintain God's standard, so he made his own personal version of righteousness so it may serve us and our own wants and what we think should be right. The pharisees took this 'morality' to the extreme and 'canoized' their morality into jewish law, but even so Christ rightly identified this 'morality' for what it was. A righteousness grounded in one's self. Or "Self Righteousness." So again, your 'morality' or Self righteousness will dictate that God's righteousness is lacking and must be deemed 'immoral' if you take allow it to come to it's logical conclusion. Which is why the Pharisees had Christ killed. (Because they literally found Him to be Immoral.)

Nothing you posted here refutes the point I am making about morality, which is simply that human beings should base their morality on the survival, success, betterment, and mutual benefit of their fellow human beings and the human race in general.

Your blind willingness to accept a standard of morality that is based on an imaginary deity is actually counter-productivity to your very real and verifiable existence as a human being.

Quote:Which is the very reason we have been put here on this earth. To make that desision. Is Heaven worthy more over is the idea of staying with God in Heaven for eternity what we want to do?

In no way was my 3rd point any concession about the existence of such a place. I was merely pointing out that what is being described in the Bible as heaven, is not something that would appeal to any person interested in things like liberty, diversity, and meaningful interaction.

If being a mindless drone, who's only purpose is to constantly and infinitely kiss some serious ass, appeals to you, more power to you. Or, maybe I should say less power to you.

Quote:Oh, and we do not need reasons to question our faith. We have a command to do so in 1Thess 5:21 "Question all things and hold on to what is good." This does not mean just question the questionable, but also question the foundational.

That's not what it means at all, not even close. That verse was specifically addressing prophecy, which you would know if you had read the verse that preceeded it:

1 Thes 5:20
Do not treat prophecies with contempt

That verse is not asking you to question your faith. But, as a fellow human being, I am.
[Image: earthp.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith - by smax - March 27, 2013 at 11:54 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1020 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13231 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11527 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Bible talked in circles at start Ketzer 19 1883 January 3, 2022 at 12:05 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4513 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6385 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4385 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1759 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7843 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 882 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist