Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith
RE: 3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith
(April 7, 2013 at 3:39 am)smax Wrote:
(April 7, 2013 at 1:31 am)Mr_Dew7 Wrote:
Quote:This response of yours explains a lot about you. You are obviously very delicate and offended by harsh yet truthful language.

You want things to sound nice. This is a very common characteristic among Christians.

I don't mind the harsh language, what I do mind is the demeaning way in which you describe heaven. I am an adult, please don't treat me as if I must sugar coat everything, because that is not so. I am well aware of the reality, harsh or not.

Quote:I've read the whole thing, and I've done expositional studies on all of the important books of the bible.

And, had you read my post, you would have seen that I reference several verses in the Bible describing heaven.

I am confused here. Are you speaking of the that response that you posted to me? Because the only thing I saw in your response was you twisting the words of the Bible. I saw no actual scriptures anywhere in that post.

I do comend you on your studying of the Bible though. But I study the Bible as well, I read it every day, and I have seen nothing that states there is a class system or racial preference. I have not seen anywhere in the Bible that says God is a slave driver, or that we will be eternally "kissing ass". Nor have I seen a place where it says that God is egotistical. Please, if you would, provide me with specific verses so that I can see for myself if what you claim is true.

Quote:We could debate what the Bible describes hell as being until the end of time (LOL), but I think the focus here is and should be on what heaven is described as being in the Bible.

The Bible describes a place of eternal and mindless praise and worship. Even worse, it's a place where racial prevences are observed, as well as a class system.

Where???
Quote:But none of that should concern you more than the fact that heaven is described as a place where you will no longer be you. I've read the Bible from cover to cover, thoroughly researching everything that seemed worthy of research, and I found nothing indicating any level of individual importance in heaven. Well, unless you consider the preferential treatment of race and gender to be some form of individual acknowledgement.

Again, where does it talk about these things? Please enlighten me.

Quote:You'd conduct the experiment to see if the proposed conditions heaven actually appeal to you.

How could one ever fully recreate the perfection of heaven? Any attempt to do so by human hands would fail miserably. I have thought of this subject much, and I already praise God when I rise up and when i lay down, and all through the day. So what difference would that make? And why would God give us the gifts described in the Bible, that we will recieve in heaven, if only to enslave us and not ever let us enjoy said gifts?

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." (John 14:2,3—KJV)

Why allow us to have mansions, if we can't make use of them? Why give us anything at all?

Quote:But, since you refuse to accept the Bible's description of heaven, you may want to consider an alternative to the experiment. I suggest that, sense you are intent on simply making this shit up as you go along, you create your own religion equipped with greater flexibility and a much more appealing payoff for those who meet the standards of your reigion.

And, please, don't think this is beyond your station or anything like that. All of the gods were created by men, and those gods number in the thousands.

Who says you can't invent one better than the last guy(s)?

How am I making this up? I haven't made any of this up. I honestly don't think that you have really read the Bible like you say you have.

[quote='FallentoReason' pid='427847' dateline='1365267406']

As for disproving God... have a look at my "religious views"...

You form your own opinions instead of relying solely on authority, which is not a bad thing, and you believe that God cannot be proven or disproven, but that God created the universe and then abandoned it?

And yes I did google definitions lol. Is that right though?

(April 7, 2013 at 3:44 am)FallentoReason Wrote: [quote='Mr_Dew7' pid='428197' dateline='1365320338']

I don't mean to interrupt here, though I would like to ask a few questions. I haven't been keeping up with the conversation so far, so please forgive me for jumping into it in the middle. Are you talking of the Bible? And if so, where does it say that Jesus was just on earth?

Last time I checked, the orthodox view is that in the 1st century B.C.E, there was an apocalyptic preacher going from town to town performing miracles who was said to be the messiah i.e. Jesus.

Quote: And would not the spiritual messiah that you are speaking of be the Messiah Jesus after He was ressurected from the dead? Wouldn't it make sense that the once a being of such power would be ressurected into the spirit and not back into flesh, especially since it was the will of God to bring Him (the Messiah) up into heaven to be at His right hand after a short period of time on earth in a spiritual form. I am just confused here, and if you could take the time, it would be helpful. Thanks!

What I'm saying is that it seems some Christians in the 1st century were preaching a messiah that never came to earth in the first place. He always was (and presumably is) in the heavenly realms.

Oh I see. I was not aware that early Christians were preaching that Jesus never came to earth. Something I must research! Thanks for replying so quickly!
Clap[/i][/size]God demonstrates His own love for us in this: that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith - by Mr_Dew7 - April 7, 2013 at 3:58 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1015 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13178 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  A Believer's Thoughts on Faith rlp21858 168 11478 July 9, 2022 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Bible talked in circles at start Ketzer 19 1883 January 3, 2022 at 12:05 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4459 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God? Greatest I am 98 6202 December 28, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  why faith fails Drich 43 4376 January 23, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Haipule
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1757 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7835 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 882 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist