Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 8:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A club exists at my school for the purpose of evangelizing students
RE: A club exists at my school for the purpose of evangelizing students
(May 3, 2013 at 11:40 pm)cratehorus Wrote: bible clubs are a violaion of church and state in the sense that they are using public resources.... that are required by federal law.... for religous purposes.... there might not be laws like this in other countries.... but here in america.... people are not allowed to use taxpayer funds on religous services..... which is what your school is doing, if this was a science club that would be educational, but teaching witchcraft (or evangelistic christianity or whatever those whackjobs are calling it) is a waste of taxpayer money and is unconstitutional, because federal law requires public education it is a direct violation of the first amendment,

good luck with your lawsuit

Devil

Federal Equal Access Act of 1984

That's what allows this group to exist. It's a bit of a double-edged sword because this act also allows interfaith groups, gay-straight alliance, secular student alliance and other groups to exist. Did I tell you my chemistry teacher runs the bible club and he tried to teach my class young earth creationism?

Article about it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/...ssionaries-

I'd like to say that they do have a right to meet with other Christians under law and I'm not arguing with that. This group is closely trying to get around the law by having kids evangelize and not adults.. As I've said they are ran by the outside ministry organized by local churches and church leaders. Not exactly student led, eh? They are trying to convert students as young as 11 years old to fundementalist Christianity without their parent's knowing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A club exists at my school for the purpose of evangelizing students - by Marnie - May 3, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 36605 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  What they don't teach you in Sunday School LinuxGal 19 1260 September 25, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 39231 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1331 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2226 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fundy home school - 13 kids rescued drfuzzy 2 977 January 16, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3449 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The church in my school yard Der/die AtheistIn 12 2033 August 25, 2017 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Christian Teacher writes letter to school newspaper saying "Gays deserve to die" Divinity 68 18736 May 23, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  If Yahweh exists, is he a fraud? Cecelia 33 5438 November 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Drich