Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The church in my school yard
The church in my school yard
For those of you who don't know, I'm from Romania. I go to C.D. Loga Highschool in Timisoara, and a church has been build in the school yard. It was finished last year.
Short after the church was finished I visited it with my class and a teacher, and that was all. Since then I never saw anyone from my school enter it, but there are many classes from other schools that come to this church and are allowed to. Even people who aren't students or teachers at any school are allowed to come, I've seen even old people and parents with little children. Maybe the students at my school are allowed to enter, but even then, I don't think they would have enough room, because the church is small.
I told my mom about this, and she replied that the church let's every believer enter. I love my mom, but her answer is more than ridiculous. I'm an atheist, and I'm happy that I don't have to go to this church, and even I think that what they're doing is bullshit! If you want a church for everyone, build a church for everyone, don't build it in a schools yard and then let anyone, but the ones who go to this school enter it.

If you don't believe that a church can be build in a schools back yard, here are some photos:

[Image: DSC_4468.jpg]

[Image: capela-loga1.jpg]

I can also show you links to articles about this church, but they're all in the romanian language.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: The church in my school yard
Have you actually asked the school officials if students and staff are allowed?

If you are atheist, why would you even care whether or not you are allowed inside?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Jesus that's one punk ugly building. Consider yourself lucky you don't have to enter the thing.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(August 23, 2017 at 11:28 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Have you actually asked the school officials if students and staff are allowed?

If you are atheist, why would you even care whether or not you are allowed inside?

I said that I'm actually happy that I don't have to go there, but I still think that what they're doing is stupid. A school is an institution for learning, and we have religion class in school, so it would be logical that the church would be used for the religion class, but it's not. And we have enough churches in town, bigger ones, so other people shouldn't come to our tiny church. I think that other people are allowed, because they're more likely to give money.
The church as an institution should be criticised for it, but it isn't, not enough at the very least. And the fact that I have to live in such a country can be irritating at times. 
I didn't ask anyone if the students or staff are allowed, because I'm not very curious, and they might think that I want to enter it. As I said, even if they're allowed, they wouldn't have enough space.

(August 23, 2017 at 11:30 am)Succubus Wrote: Jesus that's one punk ugly building. Consider yourself lucky you don't have to enter the thing.

It does look better on the inside, I'm sstill happy that I don't have to enter it though.

Charlie Chaplin
That looks like a barn with a door that got left open and all of the sheep got loose. 

School yard? Is that for physical activity? If yes and your country has bats (baseball) you could always try for home run hits.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 23, 2017 at 12:17 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: That looks like a barn with a door that got left open and all of the sheep got loose. 

School yard? Is that for physical activity? If yes and your country has bats (baseball) you could always try for home run hits.

This is not the whole school yard, we do have a footbal field and some benches. However, the school yards in Romania are small compared to other countries.
And baseball is not popular in my country. There may be some who practice it, but I've never seen a romanian playing baseball.

Charlie Chaplin
Pretty hideous architecture...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Why would we not believe a church could be built on a school's grounds?
(August 24, 2017 at 6:55 am)Die Atheistin Wrote:
(August 23, 2017 at 12:17 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: That looks like a barn with a door that got left open and all of the sheep got loose. 

This is not the whole school yard, we do have a footbal field and some benches. However, the school yards in Romania are small compared to other countries.
And baseball is not popular in my country. There may be some who practice it, but I've never seen a romanian playing baseball.

Then I think you need to be a trail blazer and make the side of the church the left field wall. 

Batter up!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 24, 2017 at 7:31 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Why would we not believe a church could be built on a school's grounds?

I've never heard about a church in a schools yard, so I thought it rarely happens.

Charlie Chaplin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What they don't teach you in Sunday School LinuxGal 19 1210 September 25, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1293 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1211 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2191 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fundy home school - 13 kids rescued drfuzzy 2 966 January 16, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3328 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christian Teacher writes letter to school newspaper saying "Gays deserve to die" Divinity 68 18531 May 23, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4144 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Lightbulb christian school project lighthouse 296 33183 October 13, 2016 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  School Indoctrination zebo-the-fat 4 1321 September 7, 2016 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0