Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Minister responsible for thousands leaving the church
RE: Christian Minister responsible for thousands leaving the church
(July 23, 2013 at 4:28 pm)ronedee Wrote: She isn't responsible for Chrisitians leaving the church! They are.

Those people who left would probably have done it sooner or later, but she was definitely the catalyst for it. She opened her mouth, and people signed off en masse. There's a service on the net called eroakirkosta.com for those wishing to leave the Finnish state church and their statistics clearly show a correlation between Räsänen's blunders and why the church has lost so many of it's followers.

(July 23, 2013 at 4:52 pm)Tonus Wrote: Indeed. The curious thing is that you would expect that they knew her position on such issues already. Are they objecting to her expressing them publicly? Did they not really know that a Christian minister would speak out against gay marriage and abortion?

Makes you wonder why they didn't make their decision much sooner.

I won't go into how the election of the ministers and parliament is done, but let's just say that the Finnish people are not so forgiving when their representatives are being bigoted. Religion might be big everywhere else in politics, but here it's isn't tolerated that you piss on a certain group of people as an elected official, this is what you get. Sermons are kept for those who come to hear them, not for the political arena.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian Minister responsible for thousands leaving the church - by Kayenneh - July 23, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 178 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1237 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89326 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4152 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Leaving christianity, a bit of my story Lucifer 87 8631 July 16, 2016 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 4875 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris
  Is Christianity responsible for anti gay bigotry? 1994Californication 35 7315 March 12, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Panatheist
Question Problems with Christian Church jiffy 112 23893 August 29, 2015 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Randy Carson
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7437 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  What makes the Christian God different from thr thousands of other Gods out there? bluemonday 66 12163 March 8, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.