Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the difference between a cult and a religion?
RE: Whats the difference between a cult and a religion?
There's no difference in my mind. People call the big cults religions.
In reality though there are no religions that are very very big.
Christianity and Islam are the biggest but both are fractured.

It's interesting to me to see just how similar both religions are fractured and how they behave.

Both have 2 main splitting points. Sunni vs shia protestant vs catholic.
Both of these groups kill each other.
Both have religious groups that don't acknowledge this split and focus on the fundamentals of the religion I know the Islamic version is called quranism but don't know the christian version.
Both have racist American variations of their cults, Mormons, and the nation of Islam.

(May 10, 2014 at 12:54 am)eyemixer Wrote: Time.

I was going to give this answer but thinking about it a lot of cults have become religions relatively quickly, mormons for example and scientology although I myself view both as cults in general they are though of as religions.

You don't even need to have been dead for thousands of years to be taken seriously enough to start a religious group.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whats the difference between a cult and a religion? - by paulpablo - May 10, 2014 at 1:03 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overcoming shame of being duped by a cult Won2blv 11 1210 December 22, 2020 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Difference between Atheists and Churchoids! theMadJW 41 3416 May 5, 2020 at 9:06 am
Last Post: AniKoferBo
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1857 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "Cult-speak" lines Foxaèr 24 2689 September 15, 2018 at 5:35 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  The Possible Connection Between Egyptian Religion And FSM BrianSoddingBoru4 6 1151 December 10, 2017 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Difference Between the Higgs Boson and Go Rhondazvous 12 3698 July 18, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
Exclamation New religious cult in rise? UnLocal 32 6135 November 28, 2016 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: axiom of congruence
  Are You A Slave To Some Cult? sanebrain 147 11150 August 6, 2016 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10733 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4907 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger