Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions...
Smile 
Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions...
Hello all, Smile

I have come across some observations which depict an interesting correlation between God and light in the major world religions....

In Hinduism, the Vedas and Hindu scriptures considers the Shivalingam as representing a cosmic pillar of light. The Dharmic monotheistic sect the 
Moderator Notice
30/30 violation 
consider God to be a 
Moderator Notice
30/30 violation
 The Upanishads and enlightened masters have also described God/Brahman to be self-luminous.

In Islam, Allah has 100 name's, and one of them is Alnoor ( the Light).

“God is light,” says Jesus Christ (1 John 1:5), in the Bible in Christianity.

In Judaism, Psalm 76:4 says of God, “You are radiant with light.”

So this correlation between God and light, is a common denominator in these four major world religions.

Imo, the fire worship in Zoroastrianism may be illustrating this correlation between God (Ahura Mazda ) and light as well, light being emitted by the fire.

I would say this may provide more proof that the major world religions are identical in their core, with only superficial differences on the outside creating cause for extremism and conflict. The fact that different religions consider light to be a charecterestic of God may show  that there may be an entity termed God which have a vital place in the multiverse and existence, though He or She is seen to be mere a superstition by atheists. Hence God as an entity may require more research and study to get a better perspective or understanding on Him or Her.  Read

Self-awareness is yoga. -- Nisargadatta Maharaj
RE: Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions...
It's of no surprise. Light dispells darkness. And darkness is dangerous. Predators lurk in the dark. This goes from primordal times, I guess. From way before organized religions.
(May 16, 2019 at 10:56 am)Ajay0 Wrote: Hello all, Smile

I have come across some observations which depict an interesting correlation between God and light in the major world religions....

In Hinduism, the Vedas and Hindu scriptures considers the Shivalingam as representing a cosmic pillar of light. The Dharmic monotheistic sect the 
Moderator Notice
30/30 violation 
consider God to be a 
Moderator Notice
30/30 violation
 The Upanishads and enlightened masters have also described God/Brahman to be self-luminous.

In Islam, Allah has 100 name's, and one of them is Alnoor ( the Light).

“God is light,” says Jesus Christ (1 John 1:5), in the Bible in Christianity.

In Judaism, Psalm 76:4 says of God, “You are radiant with light.”

So this correlation between God and light, is a common denominator in these four major world religions.

Imo, the fire worship in Zoroastrianism may be illustrating this correlation between God (Ahura Mazda ) and light as well, light being emitted by the fire.

I would say this may provide more proof that the major world religions are identical in their core, with only superficial differences on the outside creating cause for extremism and conflict. The fact that different religions consider light to be a charecterestic of God may show  that there may be an entity termed God which have a vital place in the multiverse and existence, though He or She is seen to be mere a superstition by atheists. Hence God as an entity may require more research and study to get a better perspective or understanding on Him or Her.  Read

Something emitting light is a god? Or a potential god? That is the epitome superstition.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Humans have correlations around the world because humans are more alike than they are different. Primitive scientifically inept groups are primitive scientifically inept groups no matter which patch of Earth they call home.

Thanks for coming out, there are no door prizes. Have yourself a wonderful day. Better luck next time.
I found that the Upanishads were a very interesting read. (I'd recommend them to anybody.) But I have the feeling I took away something very different than the OP. Maybe I'm wrong about that.
What's a 30/30 Violation?
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(May 17, 2019 at 2:42 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote: What's a 30/30 Violation?

Users must be members for 30 days and make at least 30 posts before they can link to external content like videos and images.  It's to prevent spambots and malware links and that kinda junk.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
FSM offers all converts flashlights and glowsticks.

Problem solved. RAmen
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(May 16, 2019 at 10:56 am)Ajay0 Wrote: I have come across some observations which depict an interesting correlation between God and light in the major world religions....

I have also come across some observations which depict an interesting correlation between Light bulbs and light in the major supermarket chains....

Cosmic isn't it?
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
Buddhism:
(Tipitaka / Pali canon)

"Monk, we also don't know where Brahma is or in what way Brahma is. But when signs appear, light shines forth, and a radiance appears, Brahma will appear. For these are the portents of Brahmas appearance: light shines forth and a radiance appears".

"When this was said the Geat Brahma said to the monk " I, monk, am Brahma, the Great Brahma, the Conquerer, the Unconquered, the All-Seeing, All-Powerful, The sovereign Lord, The Maker, Creator, Chief, Appointer and Ruler, Father of all that have been and shall be".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which major religion will die first? FrustratedFool 6 703 September 17, 2023 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Difference between Atheists and Churchoids! theMadJW 41 3335 May 5, 2020 at 9:06 am
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Why garden and not whole world? Fake Messiah 14 2426 March 21, 2019 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Drich
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2703 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3442 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 10936 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3692 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  An Interesting Article on Religious Tolerance AFTT47 3 775 June 25, 2018 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10548 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Had an interesting encounter with a so called Christian on social media today GODZILLA 16 2419 May 24, 2018 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Astreja