Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observations On Atheism Part II - God And The Bible
RE: Observations On Atheism Part II - God And The Bible
(November 27, 2008 at 4:14 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Let's see ... first you claim alien life is always seen to be superior so I offer two arguments for that, you dismiss one based on it being science fiction (and I agree it was but you did not specify that in the point you made) and you appear to dismiss the other for some vague reason that the public *tends* to speculate ...

Firstly, disregarding science fiction (which sets us in the real world of today), I would say that it is still true that any alien race must necessarily have come across a minimum if 4 light years of space (something beyond our current capability) and so almost certainly WOULD be more advanced than we are and secondly, the general public? As far as I can tell the vast majority of people simply don't even think about such things, certainly not in non-SF terms.

I have to say that your answer disappointed me a little and leads me to suspect that you won't concede even the most reasonable point whether it is about religion or not.

Kyu

I concede oh mighty Kyu god emperor of all wisdom. I concede.

Just for fun.

What I was talking about was what, from my own personal experience, both in real life and online, people tend to think of extra terrestrial life existing without the stipulation that they had made contact with us.

You mentioned sci-fi examples that transcend my own personal observations of public opinion and I conceded offering one of my own sci-fi examples. Frank Herbert's Dune chronicles. You made some good points in what I thought was a good discussion.

I know that the point of the bitter Atheist is to beat down and silence the opposition but I will simply not be so easily beaten down, sir! Because my ego is even bigger than yours Tongue

Joking of course.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Observations On Atheism Part II - God And The Bible - by Daystar - November 27, 2008 at 11:15 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2752 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 2987 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3518 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 25968 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Best part of atheism for you Alexmahone 43 6432 January 9, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27141 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three) Little Rik 3049 361729 April 11, 2016 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True HiYou 49 12276 July 21, 2015 at 6:59 am
Last Post: KUSA
  Can You Technically Disprove the God of the Bible? Salacious B. Crumb 98 14705 May 6, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12489 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott