Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Can You Technically Disprove the God of the Bible?
Can You Technically Disprove the God of the Bible?
We can look at things from the bible starting at the beginning: There are two ludicrous, contradicting biblical creation accounts. About 6,000-10,000 years ago, the bible claims Adam and Eve were the first humans on this planet. That differs from scientific fact, that humans are at least 150,000 years old.. Need I go farther?

Also, just straightforward reasoning such as: Where are all the firsthand eyewitness written testimony of jesus's miracles he performed during his life? You would think if the only begotten son of god came to earth and performed miracles, someone would have written about it. Even if there were thousands of written statements, that shouldn't be good evidence to anyone anyway, but you would think at least that much would exist.

The bible disproves itself, that part is obvious. Would you go as far to say as the god of the bible can be disproved using the bible and/or logic? Feel free to quote more infallible passages.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
RE: Can You Technically Disprove the God of the Bible?
To answer honestly, I would say no, I technically can not disprove the god of the Bible.
Of course, I technically can not disprove the god of any other holy book either.
If something consistently fails to be where it is said to be you can start to piece together a convincing case for it's non-existence.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

You just say it's metaphor.
Or that there is some greater truth in there that you don't understand.
Or that it's "spiritually" correct.

If it were as simple as pointing out all the incorrect things in the bible and then showing this to Christians, they'd almost all be non-Christians now. The majority are so busy trying to find ever more convoluted ways to convince themselves, they won't sit down for a minute and actually examine the evidence critically.
If the bible is meant to accurately describe a being, then it is a contradictory account, so such a thing cannot exist as far as our logic will allow.

If you assume this is just a vague description of a god and not particularly accurate, then you can't disprove it I would say.

Taking each Christian's version of the God one at a time, you can probably find many/most to be logically inconsistent. Those that aren't will still be unfalisifiable/incoherent probably so the claims are worthless as well as unprovable/disprovable.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I can't 'disprove' invisible pink unicorns drinking margaritas in my garage.

Like fucking god however there is no evidence for them.
You can't technically disprove the Christian god any more than you can technically disprove Russell's teapot... if it were intangible, and in another dimension, and only appeared on February 29th, and...

You get the idea.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
For the longest time, theists claimed that their holy texts were pure fact and should be taken literally.

Now that theories and facts have proven that it is impossible for the holy texts to be absolute truth, theists change their story. They will always change their story until we are able to change their minds.
Some are way too far gone to ever change.  Fortunately, they will die off.
(April 30, 2015 at 12:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I can't 'disprove' invisible pink unicorns drinking margaritas in my garage.

Like fucking god however there is no evidence for them.

I don't believe in garages.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5762 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  IF you deconverted in midlife, can you help? Dragonfly 222 27551 December 18, 2018 at 1:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do you think you'd still be a believer if the bible were more pleasant/accurate? Cecelia 53 7020 May 17, 2016 at 11:11 am
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  A quick way to disprove an aggressive christian TunaDragon28 12 3310 November 28, 2015 at 8:51 am
Last Post: brewer
  How to disprove god dyresand 12 2410 October 18, 2014 at 9:05 am
Last Post: TreeSapNest
  What evidence do you have to disprove the existence of a God? Walker_Lee 40 8073 May 8, 2014 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  What can we do to promote Atheism? How can we unite? shadowninjax 93 34677 November 20, 2013 at 11:08 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Can you ever believe that there is no God Dawud 61 11459 April 24, 2013 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The NEW 4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible noselfwilling 36 11842 March 11, 2011 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Ace Otana
  Top Ten Creationist Arguments (Technically Twenty). chasm 7 2446 August 12, 2010 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc