Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observations On Atheism Part II - God And The Bible
RE: Observations On Atheism Part II - God And The Bible
I don't want to "beat down and silence the opposition". I want to converse and have mature discussions, arguments and debates with theists so we can understand each other better. I will do my best to explain my view and if that deconverts them, that deconverts them. I basically explain why I don't believe what they believe. And it mostly involves asking, why do they believe what they believe. Because I don't believe any of it because I think its nonsensical. I think there is no evidence or good reason to believe in such things. Indeed I cannot disprove what there is no evidence of or reason to believe in, in the first place. But I don't need to. For exactly that reason: There is no evidence of or reason to believe in the supernatural in the first place. In my view at least. So if they can give me any reasons I'm fine to give my opinion. And don't expect me to think its evidence. Because I have never heard one good argument for God's existence yet. The best one is the fine tuned constants of the universe probably. But even thats pathetic because God himself would have to be more fine tuned than the constants themselves. He'd have to be an amazing mathematician.
To put it simply: I am basically on Sam Harris' side in the sense that I am also agree that a good strategy and view to take is "conversational intolerance".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Observations On Atheism Part II - God And The Bible - by Edwardo Piet - December 3, 2008 at 11:32 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2750 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 2986 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3508 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 25963 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Best part of atheism for you Alexmahone 43 6427 January 9, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27127 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three) Little Rik 3049 361691 April 11, 2016 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True HiYou 49 12269 July 21, 2015 at 6:59 am
Last Post: KUSA
  Can You Technically Disprove the God of the Bible? Salacious B. Crumb 98 14701 May 6, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12479 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott