Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observations On Atheism Part II - God And The Bible
RE: Observations On Atheism Part II - God And The Bible
(December 5, 2008 at 10:44 pm)Daystar Wrote: Don't criticize something you know nothing about. The Bible, and therefore the writers of the Bible, doesn't say that the earth is flat. That the earth was the center of the universe, or that lightning would strike churches? I don't even know what that was about, but I am safe in assuming that as with the first two you were wrong about the third. Thus my point.

Check your facts and evidence.

Ezekiel 7:2
"You, son of man, thus says the Lord Yahweh to the land of Israel, An end: the end is come on the four corners of the land."

Often taken to mean the earth is flat.

Ecclesiastes 1:5
"Also, the sun rises and the sun sets; And hastening to its place it rises there again."

Sun moving around Earth.

Lightning striking churches? I dunno what he's talking about either. I'm interested- does the Hebrew translation say something different? And I know you may disagree, but do not deny me that people do in fact interpret these verses in the way I have here.

Also, Daystar, if you could not lump everyone together with one glorious insult I'd appreciate it. If you really think I'm illogical then, ok, that's weird, I like to believe I think fairly rationally. And I would turn around your point about you criticizing something you know nothing about and point it right back at you- you've blatantly called the theory of evolution "bullshit," contradicting the VAST majority of biologists, geologists and paleontologists who actually have experience in the field and actually have reason to believe the theory of evolution is correct in explaining the facts of evolution.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Observations On Atheism Part II - God And The Bible - by lukec - December 5, 2008 at 11:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2758 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 2998 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3521 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 25968 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Best part of atheism for you Alexmahone 43 6445 January 9, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27169 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three) Little Rik 3049 361779 April 11, 2016 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True HiYou 49 12297 July 21, 2015 at 6:59 am
Last Post: KUSA
  Can You Technically Disprove the God of the Bible? Salacious B. Crumb 98 14709 May 6, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12497 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott