Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any armchair assassins here? (Assassin's Creed franchise thread)
RE: Any armchair assassins here? (Assassin's Creed franchise thread)
(May 22, 2015 at 7:18 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: I'd love to see something of that quality in AC, it would complete me. Probably not gonna happen while they're rushing them out year on year

AC1, 2 and black flag seem like the only genuine full blown attempts at a world like that IMO. Or at least they're the most innovative.

I love black flag because it takes everything great about assassins creed and adds pirates. Don't really need to say much more there. 

AC2 was a really great sequel to the first game, they improved on nearly everything and the world had a genuinely different flavour from the first.

AC1? I think people underestimate what a defining game it was. I remember at the time, even for all its criticisms, it was one of the most unique games ever made. I think the innovation in the AC franchise has slowly waned though, I remember really getting into the story in the first and second games, but after that I couldn't give two shits because I could see it was going nowhere. 

I think Black flag was only really as good as it was because you can't go much wrong with pirates. There's not exactly a market flooded with pirate games. That said, the sailing and ship mechanics were awesome and really give you a sense of freedom unparalleled in the open world genre. It's a pretty faultless game and as of right now I think it's the best AC experience. 

Brotherhood was great content wise, with lots of cool stuff to do, but gameplay wise it was the same as AC2. It was really more of an expansion. 

AC3 tried really hard and had its moments. I loved the environment but it did feel a little too restricted at times, and the pacing of the story was AWFUL.

Haven't played any of the others but from what I understand they just look like cashgrabs. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any armchair assassins here? (Assassin's Creed franchise thread) - by Napoléon - May 22, 2015 at 7:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [PC] Assasin's Creed Unity available for free till 25th april Cepheus Ace 8 857 April 22, 2019 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Any GTA V gamers here? GODZILLA 5 542 March 29, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1235 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Does anyone here have any favorite SNES games? ƵenKlassen 18 2659 November 18, 2017 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Any Mario Maker-ers Up In Here? Astonished 0 447 August 4, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Any Hearthstone players 'round here? Esquilax 35 4022 July 24, 2015 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Witcher franchise... Ravenshire 24 3357 April 28, 2015 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Any Boardgames enthusiasts here? là bạn điên 29 3801 December 25, 2013 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Assassin's Creed 3 Creed of Heresy 13 3590 August 21, 2012 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Any other modders / game devs here? Tempus 10 3988 April 7, 2012 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Jackalope